New Mission 770 anyone bought a pair or had a demo

Hi Richieroo, I will have a look at the video, thanks. I think the looks are great, hopefully I will get chance to see and hear them in the flesh soon.

Let us know how you get on … I think they would be an excellent match for Naim…I think they dig down to about 40hz…which is really good…should be punchy

1 Like

Wrong 30hz in room!

I very much doubt that any part of this, or any other, loudspeaker is ‘flaired’.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a bit of 70’s trouser!!!

What colour of nylon stocking do you have wrapped round the ESLs? I used to have a black pair of (Huntingdon-built) ESL63s long ago, before I went back in time (so to speak) to the ESL57s.

Did you ever go to the workshop/office in Gering? If you give Manfred Stein enough notice, he can let you go to see the 'speakers being made, which is fascinating, as they are almost completely handmade. I’m not sure if they can offer a 'build-your-own service, though.

The QA63 from Gering have a perforated metal grill, rather than the sock on the Quad version. I have also got a pair of their subwoofers, designed to work well with ESL but I’m struggling with them. The QA63 goes quite low anyway and I’m beginning to think that going even lower in a 5.4m x 4.6m room is a bit ambitious.

I haven’t been to Gering. We only live 2km from the German border but it’s close to Dresden and so Gering is a long way away.

Maybe, we should start our own thread?

Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.