New naim AMP for custom build speaker

Hello Guys!

I found the problem! It was on the crossover :man_shrugging:
The solder did not cover the whole connection and so i had do redo it… now everything is working fine!! Did a small db test again and they have almost the same measurements… my ear can’t hear a difference now.

Now I started to really enjoy the music coming out of the speakers!
Really really happy with the faital! There is a soundstage now and when I close my eyes I can tell exactly where the instrument is coming from. Left, right, middle… I really enjoy this!

And the bass is definitely more present! I think I would be fine selling the svs subwoofer… will figure that out over the coming weeks.

Thanks guys!

4 Likes

After so much sweat invested, the enjoyment is even better. Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you!

I still do have 2 more things on my mind.

Another phono preamp since the powercord of my Vincent is making strange noises… maybe a rega but I‘m not really liking the looks…

And I would love to get some advice or recommendations for speaker stands… I dont know if I can open a topic in this naim forum since its about a speaker and not about naim gear…

Thanks !

Have you seen the other threads? :wink: No problem at all

1 Like

I actually asked about this (in relation to the 3WC-15) as I quite like the look. Troels indicated it wouldn’t matter as long as it’s only a few mm.

@Retm I’m not sure these were linked before, but here are the other speaker build threads:

If you have any pictures of your own build process, perhaps you wouldn’t mind adding one of your own :slight_smile:

I’d be especially interested as I’m looking to build myself a pair of the 3WC-15 later this year.

1 Like

thank you for your interest! Sure thing I will post about my speakerbuild. But don’t blame me I don’t have as many (interesting/good) pictures of my build as @Mark84 does :slight_smile:

I will try my best but give me a few more days… very busy right now…

@Retm I’m really glad it all worked out for you! I knew it would be something simple. It’s easy to do and hard to spot. I remember doing it in one of my first builds. You know when it’s right. Same for tweeter adjustment too so make sure you play and get that right. That can only be done by ear. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your speakers build. :+1:t2: Hope you enjoy your Atom.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.