New Naim & Focal what?

In the past we’ve heard that the brushed finish is difficult to achieve with high percentages of rejections.

Could the 3 part design mean that smaller sections can be cut from larger ones if they have defects resulting in a lower reject rate?

Thinking how the new PS is described as being for the new sources and pre-amps, I wonder if the 282 and 252 will be replaced with a single pre-map that runs off that power supply (I.e. making the 282/HiCAP and 252/SC combinations a thing of the past) and the NDX2 being restyled to match the new classic. 500 stays as is. The unknown will all of that is the NAP300……

4 Likes

I’m not sure but for me the design looks a little clumsy and from those images kind of cheap. Like I said it may change when you see them in the flesh. However so far I’m underwhelmed.

1 Like

God poor old Richard is going to wake up to a nightmare however it’s probably a bit late as the cat is not only out of the bag but its bolted.

1 Like

Fortunately the little recesses and edges won’t catch dust :eyes:

1 Like

It’s been the 4th for 17 hours here :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Much. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I might start a new thread Show Us Your Old Classic Stuff. :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Or make one for the new stuff. Everyone can post marketing jpegs while they wait six months for their deliveries. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I love the look of the new products. No complaints from me. It’s about time.

2 Likes

Curious to know whether Naim kept naming of the new NAP250 just because of its iconic status or there is indeed no change of output at 4ohm, meaning it is still 125W/channel. Specs online show 100W/8ohm, hence power output has changed @8ohm only? Me likes the looks as well.

1 Like

Are you joking? I doubt that but will wait for full details to be published

Of course I am joking, but you are not the only one who thought I was serious.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Phew I am glad to hear that. Sounds perfectly normal in that case.

By the way forget the 500 series it will sound better than the statement amp and take up only two shelves on a Fraim😉

Yup, it looks like some of the dealer’s either got the wrong day, or the wrong time as it’s all supposed to be under embargo until 2pm GMT today.

3 Likes

So I’m assuming you’ve been busy editing.

1 Like

I would zap the complete thread apart from one one🤣

Wondering though what is so special about the new amps and power supply

A bit yes…

1 Like
1 Like