New Naim Radio stations plus a radio upgrade for all Naim streaming systems

We’ve got a little something extra for everyone, starting from today. Info below:

Naim is delighted to announce new and higher-quality radio options for users of its streaming speakers, systems and separates – all freely available from today.

Dedicated Naim Jazz HD and Naim Classical HD stations will join a revamped Naim Radio HD stream; all three available in up to CD quality. They will join a dedicated HD Radio category to browse and enjoy from the Naim App. This curated collection of the highest-quality radio streams from around the world, including Radio X, Intense Radio, the full Radio Paradise network, Frequence 3 network, NRJ Paris, Rondo Classic and Sector Network.

Users of Naim Mu-so and Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation wireless speakers, Uniti Atom, Star and Nova systems, and ND 5 XS2, NDX 2, ND 555 players will be able to enjoy the three new Naim Radio stations as high-quality, 16bit/44.1kHz FLAC streams, and the HD Radio selection at their native resolutions – some as high as 24bit/96kHz.

Meanwhile, users of legacy Naim streaming products also get a quality upgrade, with AAC 320kbps streams now available, matching the highest-quality output from BBC Radio stations.

The higher-quality radio options will be available via the Naim App from today; no software upgrade required.

47 Likes

As ever with software updates, this roll-out will be gradual - you should start seeing the higher-res stations pop up through the next day or so. (Restart your App if you’re not seeing them yet.)

Will have a listen later today. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Clare…good news indeed. Probably worth you mentioning that the metadata is not enabled before people start complaining. This in beta testing was due to the odd stability problem on some streams.

2 Likes

Good shout - thanks.

Yes, metadata isn’t fully enabled YET - on its way.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking care of the legacy products, good to know we are not forgotten.
Nice improvements

5 Likes

Where we technically can, we will - couldn’t stretch to CD quality on the older products, but 320kbps should still offer a decent quality boost

2 Likes

Thanks Clare. Is this available via the N-serve app and the PC desktop client?

I’m reliably informed you should be able to see the 320kbps AAC streams under Naim Choice.

Thanks

Also a tip for anyone on new-platform products not seeing the Hi-Def radio stations tab - a quick restart and it should appear in the App (restart the App, too, obviously)

Thanks, in fact I turned the ND5xs2 off and on again to get the new folder. Also on 1st generation QB muzzle I don’t see this folder! Could you explain better the new hd folder and especially if there is any station that broadcasts in 24 bit?

1 Like

You’ll only see the new Hi-Def folder on new-platform Naim products (Mu-so and Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation, Naim Atom, Star and Nova, ND5 XS2, NDX 2, ND 555). It contains almost 50 stations streaming in CD quality and above.

There’s a mix of qualities in there - JB Radio 2, for example, streams in 24/96; others are 24/44.1, even some 16bit but 96kHz. Have a play!

On the older-generation products - like your Mu-so Qb - you’ll simply find more choice of 320kbps stations: most if not all will be listed under the ‘Naim’s Choice’ option on the main ‘Internet Radio’ page

2 Likes

Too bad to have old qb and a new ND5xs2. Who knows if I go into synchronization between the two but starting from ND5xs2 I can also listen to qb1?

That’s excellent! I listen to the radio a lot so this is a real bonus and saves faffing around with v tuner. I had to do a full power cycle on my NDX2 to get the HiDef folder to appear. Nice one.

1 Like

Quick listen to 1st gen Muso via Uniti Star suggests Radio Paradise Flac works nicely, at least in my environment.
Lovely update, many thanks!

1 Like

Brilliant, thank you Naim

1 Like

This is fantastic news. Thanks !

1 Like

This is great, Radio Paradise in 16bit/44.1kHz FLAC native through the Naim App.

1 Like

Thanks to all at Naim for this. I’ve found a 96k station and it sounds great.

6 Likes