New room new system!

Speakers either side of window perhaps, to give lovely view whilst listening to music…

1 Like

If possible I would suggest that you have conduit installed for network cabling, then you can choose whatever cables you want, and change them quickly and easily if they are damaged.

2 Likes

First listening test done (getting my priorities straight prior to actually building the room of course) and it was the Nova + Kanta 2.

I had an hour long demo in the 30-40sqm listening room at the Focal showroom. Streamed Tidal FLAC and they had pretty expensive Tchernov cables to speaker (~GBP3000) and on the power. Honestly, the bass was muddy. After 30-40 mins it tightened up a bit, but was still on my mind. After asking, I was told that the speakers had only done 20-30 hours of running in. Could this be the source of the muddiness? Everything else was superb. That Beryllium tweeter… just to my taste.

Next, I’ve found 2nd hand Proac D30R for sale at about GBP3600 so will be going to listen to those for sure. I’ve also added PMC Twenty5.26 and Fyne 502SP to the list as they are available here. Will take a listen soon.

I listened to the PMC Twenty.24 this weekend. Very nice sound indeed. Better and tighter bass than the Focal Kanta for sure. A very natural sounding speaker that, I think, would be perfect for the lounge setting. The highs were not as impressive as the Kanta (perhaps I shouldn’t really be comparing the two, as they are very different speakers), but still clear and musical. They are on the shortlist now, with the Kanta 2 and the ProAcD30R.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.