New service and repair costs?

Yes, i’m working on that - will edit ASAP.

1 Like

So with regards to the original posting, are these ‘new’ costs or not (i.e., have they gone up)? Did read the thread briefly but not sure

Is that current prices Claire?

Thanks.

Good to see that sanity has prevailed. Nothing wrong with a re-think… :slightly_smiling_face:

It says 2022 in the first line of the screenshot as it’s currently being shown

Pity customers in the UK at least can’t deal direct with Naim for servicing.
I can deal directly with my dishwasher manufacturer in the UK for service, but not my car manufacturer, (although the garage don’t send my car back to the manufacturer acting only as a paid agent they actually do the servicing themselves).

Definitely a practice in the industry that some of us could consider in need of updating.

Just think how lucky you are that your NAP500 is already DR. It looks like that is now £7,150!

1 Like

It’s not worth doing in my opinion, better off getting an ex demo one…….or second hand.

3 Likes

Thanks Clare.

@Naim.Marketing, this service and DR upgrade information, although welcome here, could be found online, if you looked hard enough. However I do appreciate the new transparency but I accept this is a starting point for a conversation with your dealer. It is welcome however that charges above these levels would need to be clearly justified to the end customer.

One thing that is missing is the explanation of what particular boxes are covered in the DR upgrade/servicing costs, specifically with the 2-box NAPs and NACs. For example the prices I found online, it was pointed out that the 552 DR upgrade/service cost is only for the 552 power supply (NAPS?), and if you want a full service you have to add a service cost for the 552 head unit (NAC?). Would that be a further £899, or is that price to service both the 552’s head unit and power supply?

It is also not clear if the NAP 300 and NAP 500 would require the additional service cost for their respective head units for a DR upgrade and full service.

Some clarification here would be helpful as I would expect even some less experienced dealers might be confused?

2 Likes

Indeed, but I still need to DR and service my 552, and there is a sting in the tail there too - see above.

To the tune of nearly £4k. Ouch.

I still fail to see the logic behind a fixed repair cost. If a capacitor, say, failed in a 500 series unit and it fried a circuit board or two, the customer would be charged £900 to repair it. If the Naim logo failed, but the unit was otherwise operating normally, the customer would still be charged £900. Is that right?

Clare has posted servicing prices, not repair prices.

See the second column headed ‘Repair’.

2 Likes

Like for the products, quite a decent hike!
I just had my 500 Series amps serviced and 500 DRed i.e. last year, and the prices were:

• for 500 Series service: a flat £560.00 each box
  • for NAP 500 DR: £5,499.00 for DR & service

So the cost for a combined service/repair for an Atom is 35% of the cost of a new Atom - ouch! As it is a flat rate for Uniti range that figure is 19% of cost of a new Nova

I don’t think we can have it all ways, though it be nice of course. At least the price is limited - otherwise if something really serious happened you could be facing a bill in the £000s.

List now updated at larger size.

1 Like

Such negativity - i don’t think there’ll be anything of the sort!

2 Likes