New - Show Us Your Woodworking

My son-in-law asked me for a box to keep his LPs in. He sent me a photo of a peach crate. I thought I could do better than that.
Their furniture leans toward mid-century modern, so I tried to blend this in.
Materials were air-dried American black walnut, cherry, wormy maple and cork veneer on the tambour doors.

43 Likes

Very skilfull👍

2 Likes

That’s very nice looking and skilfully made. From me, he would have received what he asked for, a box. :blush:

3 Likes

Sensational Mick

You should build and market that :+1:

2 Likes

Love it great work. I don’t think you’d have too much trouble selling that.

2 Likes

Lovely work, right there.

That is lovely. Can you take a closer picture? The rounded corners look very tricky!

My lockdown effort. Posted here before I know, but I am proud of it!

Bruce

27 Likes

You 2 put me to shame all I can make is a mess. :grin:

4 Likes

So you should be it looks magnificent.

1 Like

You do some lovely paintings which i could not do….

2 Likes

Many skillful and talented people here, beautiful work so far. Also the member that built the cold frame support… lovely to read these posts about your other lives and skills.
So much more refreshing than network cables, risers, array plugs etc… but I suppose this is predominantly a hifi forum.
Looking forward to seeing more.
Many thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks Gazza it’s a good thing I can as my handyman skills aren’t my strong suite.

1 Like

Perhaps an ndx2 or an old nds might have saved some whittling and splinters??

that is so elegant… well done you!

Home made greenhouse from up cycled materials

11 Likes

My grandfather was a carpenter. I wish i had his skills with hand tools. I couldn’t imagine creating something like that from scratch. But like you, he did😁

Snap, Bruce! Mine is a Guillemot designed by Nick Schade. It’s actually ten years since I built Pip, the hull is now covered in scratches but such a joy to take. I keep meaning to sand it back and tidy it all up but then another summer rolls around.

7 Likes

Come guys stop showing off, you’re making the rest of us feel inadequate. I even stuffed up a flat pack this morning, put the wrong screws in the table top part and they went straight through it.

And that was just with an allen key. :flushed:

5 Likes

Have you shown Mrs Pete yet !!!

2 Likes

Do you know a good painter?

3 Likes