New smaller power cables with power supplies?

Can anyone advise how to identify a Naim power cord? Just curious really, as I’m using other cords these days on Naim boxes, but would be good to know when selling units.

They have Well Shin embossed on the lead and are about 2m long.

Thanks FZ. I rummaged through a couple of cable boxes and found none with Well Shin embossed. I suspect that second hand units may often be sold without original cables. C’est la vie.

Apparently, any old 18 gauge should do. LOL.

I wonder how many people use the standard power cables.
Probably no surprise to others here, but I did no realise that 14G is about 2 1/2 x the mm2 area of 18G (if my maths and selected google spec for UK wire is correct).

I bought 16mm (outside diameter) cables that I assume would be a lot thicker wire, but it’s very tricky to twist/rotate them to suit the plug orientations, making it hard to keep smaller boxes flat (e.g. NAPSC). Not sure if I would do that again.

I’ve always found the naim original power cables by looking for the three dots on the achuko that shows the hot pin side. That’s for EU schuko. Never seen other similar cables having those three dots.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.