New Speakers - Titan 505s coming

Guys,

Okay I’ve been teasing @Gazza for too long. I’ve pressed go on a pair of Kudos Titan 505s but will have to wait until after Lockdown because I want to have them properly installed. But great to have something to look forward to.

Truth is had the Titan range been on the street when I acquired the S20s I would probably have gone straight there then.

Regards,

Lindsay

17 Likes

Great choice Lindsay, i have heard them a few times and they never disappoint, so as you say something to look forward to. You can even look forward to trying and stash the empty large boxes somewhere as well…it’s all fun.

Keep us all posted, and try not to fall even deeper in the rabbit hole, you know what upgrading is like😉

Take care Gazza👍

2 Likes

Good choice. Sounded good when I heard them at Cymbiosis. I’ve the 606s, do like Kudos speakers.

2 Likes

A couple of demonstrations in the past have left me very impressed with the mighty 808’s, but I’ve never had the chance to hear the 505’s.

A couple of questions to those familiar with the 505’s if I may; are these regarded as a ‘final destination’ type of speaker or do you see them as a step towards the floorstanding Titans?
Presumably most would partner them with Naim amplifiers. If so, what do you consider the lowest level of amplifier which could do the speakers justice? Would CB or Olive series amps be suitable?

Hi. Very room friendly, and I’ve heard them with Linn Selekt, a Linn streamer/power amp configuration, Naim Uniti Nova, SN3, 282/250, 552/300 and on all occasions hugely impressive.

My end game speaker, yes definitely!

Regards,

Lindsay

5 Likes

@Swanny Sorry yes they’d be great with the earlier Naim amps.

1 Like

Nice one Lindsay, you know how highly I regard the 505s, and, like you, I have heard them on several occasions and have been mightily impressed. The only time they didn’t impress was on the end on a Linn (active I think) system. All other occasions they were driven by Naim amps and were superb, even on the end of a Nova at the Bristol Show. They should sound great on the end of your 282/SCDR/250DR system.

Keep us informed.

2 Likes

Fabulous! Heard them a few times at shows (not ideal conditions I know) and every time they have just sounded amazing. What finish did you go for?

1 Like

Excellent. I think you know I have 808s.

The first Titans I heard were the 505s at the Acoustica show in 2018 I think. I stayed in the room for a good hour and a half (so more than everything else in the rest of the show put together) as I really liked them. (Later on I heard 606s and 707s, and also on a separate occasion 808s. And then an extended (fatal) dem at home.)

1 Like

Such a very, very good choice Lindsay. If we ever have to move to a smaller place, these would be top of our list.

Fabulous.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

You are very sensible to wait and have them installed by the dealer; I lost patience and installed them midway through the first lockdown, so have badly scuffed one of the baffles; ladling the Atacama into the many tubes was a real pain. Definitely worth the wait and, hopefully, not too long to wait…

1 Like

An excellent choice Lindsay. I have the 808s but a good friend has the 505s after downsizing from the 707s which just didn’t work too well in his “difficult” room. The 505s work much better for him at the end of a full 500 system with full Super Lumina rig. As previously mentioned they are fairly room tolerant. If I had to downsize my speakers after a house move I could very easily live with a pair of 505s. We look forward to hearing your thoughts once they are installed.

3 Likes

Congratulations. I hope your wait wont be too extended. Following some posts late last year, in which you provided some helpful feedback, I have, myself, recently taken possession of a pair of 606’s. The Titans are wonderful speakers and I have no doubt you will be very happy with them.

2 Likes

Congratulations Lindsay. :+1:t2:

I personally haven’t heard any Kudos but they certainly all look the part.
What did the 505’s do that sold it to you, over the Super20’s?

Best

Popeye

1 Like

Good choice @LindsayM

The 505s would be what I’d fancy if I ever let the SL2s go.

1 Like

606s for me as an upgrade from my C20s.

Need to get several black boxes first though.

1 Like

Congrats, great speakers.

1 Like

Superb speakers … hopefully you will not have to wait to long

1 Like

Lots more of everything. More expressive, detail in the mids, refined treble and bass deeper but more defined. But I think the isobaric design results in easier placement.

Regards,

Lindsay

Very nice speaker Lindsey congrats.

In terms of easier placement, how far from the back wall are they?

I remember a review in HFC magazine and the guy said he had them a metre away.

Mind you, my C20s are almost 2 feet from my back wall, so room dependent of course. Did you try them in your room first?