New Speakers - Titan 505s coming

Lindsey, excellent choice I have hear the 505s on numerous occasions in fact they were on my shortlist some 18 months ago along with the 606 and some Bower and Wilkins speakers.

After extensive listening at my dealers it was a close call between the 505 and 606 but I did have a personal preference for the 606 which I did purchase.

Both are superb speakers indeed enjoy your 505s. I found the fit and finish of the Kudos speakers to be truly top notch.

Apparently, the 606 are rather enjoyable in an active Exposure system too. Ed Selley had a review not too long ago. Presumably, Exposure would work with the 505 too. But still probably better to stick with real black boxes… :rofl: :rofl:

I had a brief exposure (sorry!) to an active Exposure set-up driving Titan 707s at the 2019 UK hi-fi Show at Ascot Racecourse. Given the compromises imposed by this kind of show, I can’t draw too many conclusions from the brief time we were in the demo room, but the sound just didn’t have the control I associate with a Naim amplified system. My friend actually described the system as “boomy”. It was quite uninvolving to my ears.
I guess I’ll be sticking with my old Naims for the foreseeable future!

1 Like

Just checked on the Kudos Titan 505. They surely look high quality. The cost for a pair is £8,500 including the matching stands. For the price, the 505 is right up there with the best standmounts.

1 Like

Hi Lindsay,
Congrats on your order of 505s they are great speakers :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

1 Like

I have Kudos S10s (previously had C10) and the next logical speaker step would be the 505s as I am sure they are superb. I have always preferred stand mounts but do use a Naim Sub to add little at the bottom.

Just wondered if anyone has compared 505s with the Magico A1s by chance?

@LindsayM great news, I hope to have my T505 here in March

I have liked them ever since I first heard them @Cymbiosis great speaker and suit my room

I know we have also both owned Chord Oydessey cable for a long time, I am also moving over to the new Kudos KS1

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.