New Speakers

What replaced them?

Using special skills I can reveal they are the Focal Kanta No 1.

2 Likes

exactly, gold star for HH. No where near as much bass as the Allaes, but they do have soundstage!! and are less fatiguing (for me).

I did also like other speakers I think Neat Ekstra, Audiovector R3 and the bottom of the range Audionote stand mounts. I really surprised myself with getting the Focal stand mounts - I wanted floor standers, but for me they are a good compromise.

1 Like

So price wise you’ve got to be looking at £4500 to better the Allaes😳

The neat’s are circa 3k, audio notes were about 3.5 if my memory serves me right. The audiovectors are a lot more.

I found I needed to spend over 3k to make it worthwhile. The Allaes are not worth much second hand, which was a bit of a surprise.

Interestingly, I compared Neat speakers with Audiovectors
Hated the Neats but Audiovectors were fantastic in my system and my room. Price around £4.5K now I think

The R3’s I listened to were a bit more than 4.5k (which is why I discounted them). The dealer only had the expensive ones for demo.

Latest UK prices

R 3 Arreté 9.750
R 3 Avantgarde 7.750
R 3 Signature 4.750

1 Like

Another ‘interestingly’, I compared the Ovator 400’s with a pair fo Audiovector R3 Avantgarde floor standers with my dealer, with the aim to see, in general terms, what type of sound I gravitated to using a three box ND5 XS system.

My preference was for the Ovators warm musical soundstage over the the Audiovectors more detailed analytical presentation or in simple terms the Ovators rocked better than the Audiovectors in my view.

But I ended up with Harbeth as they naturally sit within the warm presentation side. Although I liked the Ovators very much and would have purchased them, I felt they were too big in my listening space or they performed better with air around them and away from the surfaces, which was not going to be possible in my house.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.