New Supernait 3 owner

I ordered SN3 with HICAP DR a few months ago and it will be delivered next week. I will be using it with my Sopra N1’s. My question is how good is the phono stage? What attracted me to the SN3 was the small footprint vs the separates I sold (Accuphase P400/c240) to finance this. Back to the question. I have VPI Classic II with a low output Lyra Delos MC cart and a Mcintosh MP 100 phono stage(it’s not that big). Do I sell the MP100 and Lyra cart and get a MM cart to further reduce the number of boxes or keep what I have? This will be set up in a casual listing area where placement of speakers is limited but where I can enjoy more often. Just FYI, I will also be streaming with a Node 2i through a Prima Luna Tube Dac. I hope I posted this in the right area, it’s my 1st post.

Welcome naitman

Good question

I have the SN3 and the phono stage is excellent for what it was designed to do ie: MM cartridges

I initially used it with LP12 and Linn Akdiv MM cartridge just to get an idea

It’s good , but I’ve moved onto MC cartridges which are better

Try it with your current MC /phono set up and see what you think

I have not used a SN 3 but if you do a search using “SN3 Phono Stage” you will fine 50+ threads with responses. I have found the search function to be very useful and informative when looking for information with Naim gear.

1 Like

The MP 100/Delos will get a spin but I really don’t want to buy a MM cart just to compare. I had a 2mm Black prior to the delos and really liked it.

Thanks, i will give it a shot

Well yes agree on that one , no need to purchase a MM at all

If you like it with your current combo then just stick with it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.