NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

I bought my NAP250DR from Hifi Cinema, who made the cable (around £150).

I’m surprised they didn’t suggest an RCA to XLR. With XLR both ends you are mixing balanced and unbalanced.

Beyond my pay grade. If it doesn’t work, I’ll refer it back to them.

Thanks for the information - just need to wait for the Atom HE

I’m sure it will work, and quite possibly sound very good, but maybe not optimal compared to a connection that is unbalanced at both ends.

I’m not sure that would work, the NAP250DR’s (unbalanced stereo) XLR input is not wired the same as a conventional (balanced mono) 3-pin XLR connector. I think it will need to be a custom cable that’s required here.

Thank you,
I’m not sure I want to proceed with the NAP 250DR. I’d like to see a new amp from Naim with dual XLR inputs.
I wonder what Naim used when they tested the HE driving a 250DR.

1 Like

The Atom HE has single ended pre-outs too, so should work just fine into a regular Naim power amp. You just need a pair of single ended RCA Phono to XLR interconnects, or else ask your Naim dealer to fit a pair of RCA Phonos to the DIN-XLR lead that comes with the NAP250.

Yes, that’s what I would have expected the dealer to provide rather than a balanced to unbalanced XLR.

We’ll see how my cable works and I’ll let you know. HiFi Cinema is a Naim dealer.

If I can sell my Atom at a nice price, I will be ordering an Atom HE. My dealer wasn’t able to provide a cracking trade-in deal, so trying this way. If I have to invest too much I will happily stick to my Atom. Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

Hi Clare, you will like this [quote=“clare.newsome, post:826, topic:16684, full:true”]
Yep, this one from the US tests exactly that combo - i’ve linked to it before, but as we’re discussing it specifically…

[/quote]

My dealer though exactly the same and put in an order for an active pair of AE1 to demo with an Atom HE, the response was ‘’ the delay is soo long’’

Yes, it’s not exactly ‘impulse buy’ season for anyone wanting quality audio products right now (or a lot of other products!)…

1 Like

even if it may be strange for some, I controlled my Feliks Elise via the Pre Out of the HE.
With max 80% output power on the Naim, but that works so fine and wonderful :slight_smile:

Since last week I’ve been listening to my new Hifiman Ayra, cable from FAW … that’s nice,
I would almost say Endgame for me :hugs:

2 Likes

Do you know how they connected the HE to the NAP250? Did they make a special cable?

I do not know the cable used by Naim, although the consensus on this forum thread appears to be a custom cable connecting RCA to the power amplifier.

OK thanks.

So it seems to be a good upgrade if I want to repace the Unitiqute in my Unitiqute-Nap 100 system, however I don’t lissen much trough headphones.

@Naim.Marketing Can you please provide some information on waiting times when ordering an Atom HE? Is there a backlog? If so, how many weeks? And are you catching up with demand?

Thanks,
Richard