NEW! Uniti Atom Headphone Edition – and streaming pre-amp!

One of the smallest proper bookshelves around.

2 Likes

After burning it in for nearly 100hrs, it sounds as great as the 1st day I got it. The Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition.

Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - SMSL DA9 - Fyne Audio F301.

Foobar 2000 - Denafrips Iris DDC - Atom - Hifiman Arya V2.

Headphones experience with Atom HE - Hifiman Arya V2, Hifiman Ananda Stealth Edition, Audeze LCD X. Lush, warm, musical and organic. Too warm for LCD X combo.

8 Likes

That looks like my grandsons idea setup. :+1:

1 Like

He must be a gamer. Most will have a layout like mine here. Thanks btw.:+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi, i found out that when i play using USB, the albums do not replay. Anyone out there having this issue? using Tidal and other streaming services do not have this issue.

Replay same track no problem though.

Mine seems to have no issue with this (just checked)? Strange

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum I have a uniti Adam headphones edition when I turn it from the wall socket the process bar goes along sometimes it starts to do a firmware update. can anyone help me is that normal

1 Like

Welcome Higgy,

Yes, this is normal. Power up your Atom and let it complete the firmware update. You will need the remote and your mobile phone with the Focal/Naim app to control it. Once it is working, I would not turn it off, just leave it in standby. Don’t turn off the power while the firmware is updating.
If you don’t have the set-up leaflet in the box then you can see it on-line
https://www.naimaudio.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/files/Atom%20QSG%20-%20Digital%20Version.pdf

When pairing the remote you need to be close to the Atom.

Hope all goes smoothly,

Derek

It has done it four or five times when I turn it on from the wall socket thanks for your reply.

That’s normal: when you switch on the mains, the Atom HE loads its firmware and that’s what the progress bar is showing.

Leaving it in standby avoids having to start it up every time you want to listen.

Thanks mate

As far as I know all Naim kit is designed to be left in standby. You will get the best sound when your Atom HE and headphones are ‘burned in’ this takes a while.

1 Like

Are you sure it is updating the firmware? There haven’t been that many new releases recently. Perhaps you are just seeing the progress bar when the unit starts up from cold?
If you leave it on standby, power consumption is very low and you shouldn’t get these delays. (Make sure server mode is off, and there is no USB drive attached, if you want it to remain in standby with low power consumption.)

Thanks Stokie

It Turns itself on and off says updating

Is it bought new or a used one? Set up from new can take a while. Have you been able to use it yet?

It Was bought new mate

ok. If you have an ethernet cable handy I’d plug one end into the network socket on the rear of your Atom and connect the other directly to your router. Purely to update your Atom. After you have set it up and established it is working you can remove the cable.

I suspect that your network might be less than perfect. Your Atom wants to download an update, but is unable to complete the process. If you don’t have an ethernet cable then try to position your Atom near to the Router.

Once you have got everything working, you should be able to use it wirelessly, though many prefer to wire everything!

Troubleshooting guide for networks:
https://www.naimaudio.com/network-troubleshooting

It’s When I turn it on the process bar loads the firmware in a normal way then sometimes the process bar will not load properly and it will all start updating the same firmware, 3.8.1