Newbie preamp question - Nova

There is always more to it with Naim :slight_smile: The steps up the ladder bring reliable improvements (though occasionally taste comes into play), and the farther the units are apart in the hierarchy, the bigger the improvements. So thereā€™s reliably more between Nova and NDX2/252 than Nova and XS series, for example, but in either case only you can decide what you hear and what it is worth it to you. Enjoy.

I think Iā€™m gonna do a listen session at a local shop, I called and they mentioned the Nova to the ND5XS2 + NaitXS itā€™s not a huge difference, unless you go with the super. So these are all good problems to have lol

1 Like

Agree; thereā€™s enough people here on the forum calling the Nova a very good product and combined package.
I like my own Nova quite a bit (6 months now). It was a significant improvement to my prior Atom, but I may have chosen speakers the Atom was not matching well, hence the Nova can show off with its ā€œmusclesā€ (others like the Atom also very much for what it is). I wonā€™t search for something better, since I like what I have, it can get only ā€œmore boxesā€ (with unfolding more options to upgrade), and I think Iā€™m also at the end, of what I will spend on a system.

Listening to the options is surely the best way forward; ideally with the right speakers, and maybe even in your home.
And, as some people say here: just make sure, that before you listen to something you might like too much, youā€™ve checked your bank account. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.