Next update … prefix to superline?

Thanks s lot Richard.
Is there a sticker on the SL where I can see which version it is.
I have got a Benz wood with 0,4 mv output.
Don’t know if this is suitable for E or not.

Is the problem with „radio Moscow“ with the superline still prominent, or is this more a component or house problem (assume so). Read about it in a German forum

Yes, I believe there’s a sticker, as shown here by jodl on a recent thread;

As for interference I honestly couldn’t say as I’ve never suffered from it. In fact I have found that provided it’s sited properly, away from PSUs, then the Superline is eerily quiet. I can turn up the volume on my 552 well past 4 o’clock on the dial before the hiss level appreciably increases, and there’s absolutely no low level hum whatever the volume level.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that helps. Do I have to look for an E version with my Benz with 0,4 my output?

Read on the Naim page, that the E version is for high output Mc cartridge. Rookie question? Is above 0,5 my high output?

Sounds about right and could be quite good, depending

No, the E Superline is only very slightly lower in gain to the standard unit (Don’t confuse with the E MC boards or E Stageline). Your Benz could be used with either.

I have had the Superline for about a year now. Never had a problem with interference or “radio Moscow”.

regards

Never ever had a problem with the so called “Radio Moscow” effect with my Superline.

Richard

I am in Germany and never had it (though of course the country will not matter much, more the local conditions, like if you happen to live next to an AM radio station tower :wink: )

1 Like

Ok, Fine…
So the standard version is Fine. If there will be a future cartridge with more „power“ , can it be easily changed as with prefix or boards?

Sorry, read about headroom… what us meant with headroom in this matter. Enough space for adjustment with the plugs?

Don’t know about “Radio Moscow” but I do occasionally pick up what sounds like very faint and fading French or Spanish radio. Not a problem though - I don’t bother with capacitive plug.

1 Like

I would guess so, but probably worthwhile to confirm with Naim. It would likely need to be returned to the factory.

Headroom here refers to overload limits.

1 Like

Thanks…
Hard choice… could get a good one for 2k€. But it is the standard one. Or is eventually getting a new E version the better choice?
The standard version is very common, so it must also be a good choice for different carts.
I am now using the prefix s and it works fine with my Benz.

I would echo FangfossFlyer’s comments about the Supercap. I originally used Superline with either Aux 2 out of the 252 or from a spare HiCap, preferring Aux2. The switch to Supercap with a Burndy was substantial though. I have yet to DR this Supercap so presumably more delights await. More than happy with it as it is though. The Superline is a great phono.

Yes… I very much think the superline will be super in line :o)
But should I take the near new for 2k or an E version for the the list price.
I tend to the used one - it is run in :slight_smile: but if E is more flexible?
Also have to guy a Burndy.
Used the superline Burndy is really hard to get.

Superline Burndy = SNAXO Burndy.

Ok… can I also take the Burndy 18.
Found Burndy with we and 18 pins.
Is there a specific 17 pin Burndy for SL and Snaxo?

Any further thougts or a push on the E or not to E question? :wink:

You want the 17 pin Burndy that says SNAXO on the collar.

Thanks - and this one is the rare one. Have to buy a new - no problem, but needs to burn in… :slight_smile: