Nice Photos

“Just hum a few bars and I’ll fake it…”

1 Like

…Phantom requests.

G

Moonrise during the blue hour in Canada.

31 Likes

13 Likes

Stunning shot Graeme!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sunrise & Sunsets - Show us yours

Thanks very much @IanF

Graeme

Just arrived in Kardamyli and this is view from hotel room

11 Likes

Kathmandu at sunrise. Believe it’s K2 in the foreground, but one rock looks much like another to me! Taken en-route to a delightful (not) 29hrs room confinement in Hong Kong! Sometimes the long nights out of bed bring their own reward.

30 Likes

You have a dream job!

It has its moments for sure, but for every panoramic view of the Aurora, Greenland, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Alps (thinking of you @Thomas) or the Andes (to name a very few) there are countless long nights out of bed with the anticipation of an arrival in some cold/wet/windy (often all three together) airport where the controllers can regularly have an interesting interpretation on standard ‘English’ (and I include the US here :joy:). But, all things considered, it beats working for a living…

The best view I ever had, though, was many years ago when flying the F4 Phantom in the RAF. I had an air test on a brilliantly clear day and took it up to 60,000ft doing Mach 2 and could quite clearly see the entire UK from coast to coast. Quite breathtaking. Then the low fuel warning light came on, but that’s another story!

11 Likes

Indeed, was with some family members staying near kentallen. Them being new to strolling around the countryside thought it best not to take them up anything too high :wink:

1 Like

Body language

8 Likes

3 little dots and a big dot.

You’ll have to take my word for it that the 3 little dots are Moons of Jupiter…

14 Likes

And something a bit closer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fountains of Rome

Imgur

5 Likes

The 15th tee.

14 Likes

Lake Louise in Alberta Canada.

25 Likes

What level of magnification do you use to get that level of detail, please? Are you using a software programme to align and track? It’s something that I’d like to do with my son. He has a reasonably good telescope that we bought a short while ago for the grand conjunction, and we saw Jupiter and Saturn but I’m still not convinced we did it right.

The Wheels of Nairn car show was back yesterday after being disrupted by Covid. Tried something different to, hopefully, capture the essence of the most expensive car on show.

Cheers,

Ian

14 Likes