Nice Photos

Lovely shot pb. The buildings in Strand looked lovely today in the sunshine. Followed by a stroll in the calm of Temple Chambers…feels like spring :slightly_smiling_face:

Spring is in the air but I fear winter hasn’t finished yet. It’s still only mid February but we are loving the sunshine :blush:

1 Like

That aeroplane looks like it’s plummeting nose-down to earth!

2 Likes

the plane seems in dangerous position

2 Likes

Just giving passengers a nice view of The Shard as it circles into its landing approach…

It is forever busy given the flight path into Heathrow and London City Airport just beyond Canary Wharf in the background.

1 Like

Nah ! it’s simply turning to intercept the one ahead that is below and to its right, and below and to the left of the moon.

1 Like

And BASE jumping…

It’s a Russian dive bomber, but it’s okay he’s only practising.

3 Likes

Before targeting Salisbury maybe? “Ze Naim factory, it vill get it. They like to make statements apparently.”

1 Like

Fun in the sun

5 Likes

Bloody tourists.

8 Likes

The organ inside Viboldone Abbey._DSC1469

8 Likes

Putting together two of my passions:music and photography:-)

3 Likes

Hi Fabio1, I too have an interest in organs. The photo’s are the two sided pipe casement in Wells Cathedral, Wells is in Somerset UK. The first photo is the view from the cathedral entrance, the second photo is looking towards the entrance from the high alter end.
The original organ dates back to 1857 but includes some pipes from 1786.
The instrument was enlarged in 1910 & then rebuilt including the new casement you see in the photo during 1973/4. It now consists of 67 stops – five divisions spread across four manuals.

7 Likes

Hi Mike-B,
that’s a pure beauty and your reply is very interesting,thank you, but let me specify: I meant to say that I like music in general.I am not an expert in organs though I like them.Ciao

I realised, or at least guessed, that to be the case Fabio. Its the same with me, my interest is music in general. But I cannot resist the interest in church organ engineering & my perceived beauty of some of them.
Buon ascolto, Ciao

1 Like

We spent the weekend in wonderful Montreuil-sur-Mer which I highly recommend , it’s lovely. Taking the D roads back to Calais you pass by Étaples Military cemetery , it’s hard to describe a cemetery as beautiful but it is a wonderful monument to brave souls and terrible loss . This picture is the entrance yesterday .

7 Likes

Wandering round “Old Town” Dubrovnik, also know as being part of the set for Game of Thrones.

5 Likes

The iron harvest…

![image|666x500]
(upload://5gVFSB9H3swOINGHLN5IrkQLeFZ.jpeg) ![image|666x500]
(upload://cgj8Ru7KYgX3wnE5BBtHO5lLsuQ.jpeg)

6 Likes