Nice Photos

Where please?

The first one is Ardersier
Second Nairn Harbour
Third Cannich
Fourth Near Grantown.

1 Like

Late evening midsummer in city centre Exeter, Devon. Out for a stroll on a hot and sultry evening and impressed at the neighbours’ front gardens, particularly the lavender and the giant echiums (grown from seed).

17 Likes

As usual, great shots, Ewe. May I ask what gear do you use?

London can look very pretty.

31 Likes

Pics 2 + 3 Leica Q
Pic 1 Leica M-P 240 with an R to M adaptor for a Leica R 35-70 F4 lens and an EVF 2 handheld.
Pic 4 Leica M-P 240 and a TTArtisan 50mmF1.4 lens.

I also use a Fuji X-Pro 1 and X-H1 but think I will be selling these shortly as I have a bit of GAS for another lens or two and possibly an SL body.

I use to always use Fuji but in the last couple of years moved over to Leica after I used a Leica Q2 in HK and just fell in love with their build and image quality.

1 Like

The end of a long and hot day. Looe, Cornwall this evening.

18 Likes

One of the old bluestone arch bridges at Auckland Zoo. This sort of thing is pretty rare here:

9 Likes

Looks like a storm is coming - time to head home

16 Likes

Battersea PS - such an iconic building

2 Likes

A few recent wildlife shots, including my first ever sighting of a Chequered Skipper butterfly - after about 6 years of looking!

Mountain Hares

Think I’ve been spotted

Ensuring the next generation

Chequered Skipper - at last!

Cheers,

Ian

24 Likes

There once was an ugly duckling…

Which turned out - not bad at all.

Cheers,

Ian

19 Likes

Open gardens in Stockbridge, Hampshire, last week - perfect!

8 Likes

Love the extreme closeup, Ian. You must have got very friendly with your little feathered friend for that shot! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Indeed. Very surprised that didn’t result in a broken arm. I was brought up to believe that all close up encounters with swans, of necessity, resulted in a broken arm for someone.

2 Likes

Here’s one from yesterday which I now have as a screen background on my laptop. All the folders are on the left which works quite nicely. Like he’s gazing at them. Reminds me to… r e l a x.

G

23 Likes

Thanks Tony,

The local pair of swans are very used to people; it would take something foolish to provoke them I think. Having said that, using a 200m lens helped to maintain a respectable distance.

And Rod is right - all encounters with swans do usually involve a broken arm…for someone. On this occasion, I’m just glad it wasn’t me!

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

21 Likes

7 Likes

12 Likes