Nice Photos

A few additional photos of Clovelly.

The view from the top of the village via the South West Coastal Path

The narrow cobbled street is steep, with no cars

Overlooking the ancient harbour and the Red Lion hotel - a great place for a pint

Down at the harbour, contemplating the walk back up

23 Likes

Very evocative. Straight out of the 1700s.

1 Like

Room with a view .

18 Likes

Where is that Pete?

Thanks

Hi Bevo , it’s Saddleworth just outside Manchester to the NE at the foot of the Pennine Hills . I grew up here and visiting my parents this week .

Google Maps link to Saddleworth below .

Saddleworth
https://goo.gl/maps/o6Li2yAUXHPm6wp46

Cows on the hill, I was going to call hamburger hill but thought they might be a bit tasteless.

8 Likes

I’m currently in the Cinque Terre in Italy, along with everyone else it seems. Some of them are getting ready to dive from the cliffs, and out of shot is a large crowd watching the action. Riomaggiore is the same concept as Clovelly - steep walk down, beer at the bottom, no incentive to come back up!

12 Likes

Sunset over the sunflowers.

Cheers,

Ian

33 Likes

Looking across to Instow from Appledore Quay, 10/08/22

Bude Street, Appledore at dusk, 10/08/22

6 Likes

7 Likes

Where is that Jamie? Stunning.

Cygnet on the River Avon near Tewkesbury.

5 Likes

Gloucester Tops (NSW) today

15 Likes

Pete that looks amazing. I remember years ago driving between Cooma and Melbourne and at some point using a road that was a shortcut away from the coast, unmetalled and so only friendly to rental cars and 4x4s. There was a side road indicating some sort of attraction, caves may be, but in hours and hours we’d seen no cars going either way on the road we were using so for a side road you end up wondering if anyone would find you, should something happen. This was all pre cell phones assuming there was any coverage.

1 Like

The 13th Century St Michael & All Angels Church in Marwood, North Devon.

This is a magnificent woodland church containing exquisite medieval wood carvings on the bench ends, and the carved roodscreen is a wonder. Popped in after visiting Marwood Hill Gardens to escape the heat – cool and serene inside.

8 Likes

Thanks for the memories from your pictures, many years since we have visited the area, in fact, this century only for funerals.
St Nectan’s and Haile Selassie next?

1 Like

Hi there’s no mobile phone coverage, there was one area halfway up on a bend were apparently it sometimes work. They’d put a sign there more or less for safety reasons but 20m past sign nothing again. Just before you got to the top even the GPS dropped out, going back up next week.

1 Like

Does it get snow there Pete?

Sometimes hasn’t this year though, it might over the weekend with a cold front moving through. There’s a clear line where the stringy bark gums change to the snow gums (the white trunks) it almost someone draw a line.

1 Like

Just turned very cold as front comes through

That means more red wine and cognac tonight yippee :wine_glass:

2 Likes