Nice Photos

Looks like a female Chrysemys picta marginata. Great shot.

Thanks. How do you distinguish between male and female?

Males have much longer forefoot toenails, as they are used in the mating ritual.

As in this photo - the male is on the left, female is on the right.

There are other differences, but none that could be seen in your photo.

11 Likes

Thanks again. It is always good to learn something new.

Perfect weather for the flying of flags, part of the finale of Nairn’s Book and Arts Festival.

Cheers,

Ian

18 Likes

![image|375x500]
(upload://g3PCVExRzLca69Okf8MnTzwhdlR.jpeg)

A pearl: San Fruttuoso di Camogli, near Genoa, today.

13 Likes

There aren’t enough photos in this thread with people in. So here’s a person.

11 Likes

Here’s another.

Albeit some kind of childcatcher…

7 Likes

Airport

15 Likes

Sunny day at the mill.

13 Likes

Looks like my son’s headmistress. Good colours btw.

Nice. Bring balloons in does she?

She might. I didn’t even look at the balloons…

Hello Ese!

Out and about today on La Gomera.

16 Likes

@stuart.ashen
Hi Stuart, Just an iphone pic of the view from the top of Rannerdale Knotts towards Crummock and Buttermere from my walk a few days ago certainly a wonderful part of England and a fabulous place for your friends ashes to be spread. Hope it goes well and the family have good weather.

18 Likes

Terrific! While I have walked over every hill in the area I have not been to RK. My friend is a Workington lad and knows every inch of the Lakes. He chose well! Thanks ChifChaf.

His dads ashes were scattered in front of a bench above Loweswater just up the valley. I didn’t know this until I sent a photo of me sitting on that bench….

12 Likes

Oh, and he is not dead yet lol….

Ha…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Let’s hope he has many years yet !
It’s a good location as there is a gentle way up Rannerdale valley that elderly people could manage. In addition in May Rannerdale becomes a sea of blue with a huge swathe of bluebells. Unusual as they bloom in open grassland and not in a wood. The National Trust even rope off large segments so the tourists don’t just trample everywhere.

Know the Lowswater walk well. Hope you made it to the Kirkstile Inn, fabulous location for a pub, and a great pub to boot.

We did indeed have a beer at the Inn….:beers:

1 Like