Nice Photos

3 little dots and a big dot.

You’ll have to take my word for it that the 3 little dots are Moons of Jupiter…

13 Likes

And something a bit closer :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fountains of Rome

Imgur

5 Likes

The 15th tee.

14 Likes

Lake Louise in Alberta Canada.

25 Likes

What level of magnification do you use to get that level of detail, please? Are you using a software programme to align and track? It’s something that I’d like to do with my son. He has a reasonably good telescope that we bought a short while ago for the grand conjunction, and we saw Jupiter and Saturn but I’m still not convinced we did it right.

The Wheels of Nairn car show was back yesterday after being disrupted by Covid. Tried something different to, hopefully, capture the essence of the most expensive car on show.

Cheers,

Ian

14 Likes

I don’t have a telescope so can’t help I’m afraid. This is with a camera and a 400m lens.

And then a crop!

I’d hope a telescope with tracking can do better than that😉

Thanks. In which case, since the ‘scope is pretty good I think, I might have to insist on being shown the instructions!

Confused Sheep

8 Likes

Little Venice, London

7 Likes

Lovely area, when we were there during winter you could walk across the lake

20 Likes

It’s such a beautiful place, we were there about 6 years ago.

16 Likes

Death and Decay.

10 Likes

Never been there in winter but we are thinking of moving to within a couple hrs from Lake Louise so i’ll be able to visit in different seasons. It’s a little too busy in summer for my liking…

Nice job Pete!

3 Likes

I’ve not been there in over 20 years now but remember fondly the walks from the lake shore up into the mountains and starting out early - 6.20 am in one case - in order to get the walk done before things heated up. At that time the lake was like a mirror, but once the sun hit the glacier, it triggered a breeze that broke up the lake surface with ripples. I was advised by a park ranger to make a lot of noise if walking that early, to alert the black bears.

I also recall being in Lake Louise village in late September and the road up to the Château and towards the lakes being closed already.

1 Like

I used to love going up to Moraine lake and trying to time it during the season when it was least busy and before the roads were shut for the winter.

Tim

2 Likes

Nice, one thing that stood out when we stayed at the château was the amount of static electricity due to the cold dry air… you could see it arcing on the bedlinen when you turned over… might play havoc with vinyl :smile:

1 Like

11 Likes