Nice Photos

A little self indulgence.

I admit it’s a rubbish photo but hey!!

5 Likes

The ruins of Minster Hall in my village.

14 Likes

Nice to see how effective the decorative bird scarer I hung in my plum tree is.

17 Likes

Well, you have to admit, they do look terrified… :wink:

1 Like

I followed this river down from its source lochan, high in the hills, from which it exited as nothing more than a trickling stream. This is how it looks just before it enters Loch Rannoch, some 800m lower.

Cheers,

Ian

30 Likes

Ian,

It looks like you are conquering the world with your legs and your camera. You must be in great physical shape. What is your daily average hike in terms of time and distance?

Haim

Thanks Haim,

Not quite the world, but certainly, I do enjoy time in the Scottish mountains at the weekend! I work Monday to Friday in a busy college, so appreciate the space and solitude the mountains provide by way of contrast.

I don’t do any specific daily walking training during the week but walk a lot at work. Once the spring gets going, I go out on my bike a couple of evenings a week for 20km or so rides.

I’ve climbed mountains since I was a kid, so my hill fitness rarely drops too much, even if I have a couple of weeks away. Distance isn’t something I worry too much about; I know I need to keep walking for as far as it takes to get back to the car! Last weekend’s route was 18km, with 640m of ascent and took me 6hrs - plenty of stops for photos, food and taking it all in included.

Cheers,

Ian

9 Likes

Crossing a Monet

A freight train was passing by over the pond, toning the water with its colorful containers.

17 Likes

Looking for the Hobbit!

1 Like

17 Likes

A lovely after-work stroll along the beach tonight and then a planetary conjunction after the sun had gone down.

The meeting of rock and water

Daffodil

Reflections

Jupiter (on left) and Mercury

Cheers,

Ian

22 Likes

A fiery sunrise this morning.

19 Likes

Camouflaged and undecided

Imgur

…whether it was safe to stick around for a little longer. 30 seconds later a loud couple came barreling down the trail on their off -the- road bikes and scared them away.

12 Likes

View from within the Coastguard observation point on Horn Head.

Through the left of centre window you might just make out the even older Signal Tower, right at the edge of the cliff. Up closer it looks like this.

Willy.

10 Likes

Floating

25 Likes

National Museum of Scotland.

G

14 Likes

The incredible Mur des Canuts in Lyon, France: everything is painted!

19 Likes

Les Jardins d’Étretat

21 Likes

Weekend sun in Foz, near Porto

14 Likes

Douro valley, looking just fine

19 Likes