Nick Drake sung by schoolkids

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but here goes. Its Northern Sky, as sung beautifully by a fifth-grade chorus from a Staten Island elementary school. That means the kids are 10 or 11 years old.

(PS22 Chorus "Northern Sky" Nick Drake (ft. Clive) - YouTube)

5 Likes

…nicely performed and recorded, some of the kids were enjoying themselves! A lovely video…

3 Likes

Incidentally, anybody found any live performance footage of Nick?

Incidentally, how does one post an actual video rather than just an unappetising link?

I read a while back that there is no known footage of ND.

2 Likes

So I thought. That’s rather surprising, I know that he was quite a shy guy and didn’t like interviews, but he did a John Peel session…so one would have thought there was something out there.

I normally paste in a url and it usually shows up as the visual You Tube image after pressing reply.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any film of Nick performing available to the casual search of You Tube. An authorised biography by Richard Morton Jack is to be published next June. As JOF says Nick was shy and film / TV lighting is intrusive. I think there are only home movies of his family when he was aa child. I’ve read that he disliked playing before an audience, let alone being filmed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.