Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

O-M-G … :astonished:

I have been trying to buy the Nightwish book - We Were Here (about their Endless Forms Most Beutiful album & tour) for a while now. There are 3 Editions - Finnish, German and English. I was trying to buy a used copy - for less than the c. £30 new price. Difficult to find the English version. Even looked at buying from the Nightwish webshop. But the cost of postage from Finland (Euro20-00) killed that. Then I found acopy on eBay - in English (said the listing). Bought it - and it was in Finnish… Returned.

In the last week or so, I found another copy on eBay - said to be in English. Checked with the Seller - yes, they said it was in English. It was listed as an Auction, starting at £7-50 - but no Offers. I contacted the Seller - ccould I make an Offer please…? No, they said - couldn’t accept less then the Listing price. I said I was willing to offer more - no reply…

FFW a few days, and the listing was nearly done.
I put in a late bid of over £30-00. I got it for… £7-50… :astonished:

It arrived today - all looks good. Condition very acceptable - and in English.

Then I opened the Title Page…

Well, I offered to pay more… :thinking: :grinning:

4 Likes

Reaction - to Nightwish’s version of Pink Floyd’s High Hopes.

Grumpy Man seems quite impressed… :astonished:

1 Like

I’d heard somewhere that NW had filmed their Amsterdam show last year

This appeared on Instagram yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn10FlaNvzF/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

1 Like

Also been posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxHG_DB8fZAoYSBrKnCZa9MMpC02kHihTP

Been a while since we saw some newbie watch & listen to GLS for the first time…

He compares Floor to … the singer from Heart…
Err, you mean … Ann Wilson… :upside_down_face: :open_mouth: :astonished:

(its the Wacken Open Air version… of course…)

Prompted by reading how it was made (*) - here is the Nightwish video for Elan - from Endless Forms…

(* - I am currently reading the Nightwish book - We Were Here)

1 Like

Time lapse photography here??

There seems, to these corrected vision eyes, a resemblance here

Brooke Shield v Floor

2 Likes

This lady has near perfect pitch the way she manages to replay motifs from the songs on a keyboard, impressive:

1 Like

Yes… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the very best analyses out there, certainly from a vocal point of view. Unsurprisingly, coming from an opera singer. And what a speaking voice!

1 Like

Dress Down Day… For an important message.

"A Viking, a Wizard, a Dwarf, a Pirate and a Siren…

(thats Marko, Tuomas, Empu, Jukka and Floor)"

Can we use the term ‘Dwarf’ in these PC times?Is it not vertically challenged, or, short arse?

Probably best not to… :expressionless:

1 Like

Dwarf -Definition

noun

1. 1.(in folklore or fantasy literature) a member of a mythical race of short, stocky humanlike creatures who are generally skilled in mining and metalworking****.
2 Likes

Could Guitar playing count as Metal Working…?

3 Likes

Very appropriate.

Electric Guitars are often referred to as “axes”, as in:

“Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left
You’ll find my favourite axe”

(I’m sure I don’t have to remind you where that comes from….:smile: )

And in Tolkien-esque mythology the favourite weapon of the Dwarfs was an axe.

2 Likes

Axes are generally Metal, these days… and Emppu certainly plays in a Metal group, albeit Symphonic…

So… maybe I got away with it… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

True, but guitars were called “axes” long before the rise of Metal. I think even Jimi referred to them as such.

And Emppu is not the tallest guitar player in rock. Which just goes to show that height is not an issue when wielding an axe with distinction! :grinning:

2 Likes

Google says…

“Guitar Slang - The Axe – or Ax, depending on whom you ask – is possibly the most common slang word for a Guitar. Surprisingly, the term dates back to the mid-'50s when jazz musicians used it as a slang word for Saxophone. Over time, it became a go-to term for the Electric Guitar.”

Sax… Ax… Axe…!

2 Likes