Nipper rca dog

For now, after some thinking, maybe the little one would finally better fit our living room.
The @suzywong is for now my favourite. And only 25 euros!
But I am not in a hurry. Will see if other ideas come to mind.

1 Like

I am very very lucky, I have a real one. Good Luck

8 Likes

I have these…

7 Likes

Lucky guy ! These are the ones I want. I guess, if I may ask, that they cost at minimum 300/400 euros each. I am more searching replicas.
They look very nice, and you have even 3 of them. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I looked at your profile. I see Ion pre and monos. I don’t know that brand. I can’t see well looking at your systems pics picture.

I like the cat-psych of keeping the scratching…er…bin…next to the speaker, and near the dogs!

Ion Systems started out as Nytech. The designs were then collaborated with Heed. Nytech has now been resurrected.
Apart from the original Nytech designs which had a shoebox footprint but a very individual design, there is quite a resemblance to CB design, especially current Heed models.
Nytech formed part of a group in the UK together with Naim, Linn and Meridian.

1 Like

They are replicas and only cost about $35

back in the 90’s but have added another picture of a small original I bought for $75

2 Likes

Interesting. So from what approximate years are these Ion electronics ?

I cannot recall exactly, Nytech ended about 1985. The first Ion amps were the Obelisk series, the MA40 were I think the Nexus series.
Of interest, Richard Hay the designer, having worked at Radford, preferred using DIN sockets as did Naim.

1 Like

I have to search more then. Thanks for sharing. They look good.

IIRC, after Nytech folded, RH relocated to Wales and started ION Systems. Initially there were the ION Obelisk 1, 2 and then 3 integrated amps, which were updates of the earlier Nytech versions, with improved cosmetics and parts (ALPS Blue pots!). Best of the Obelisks was the Obelisk 3X with X-Pak power supply - a two-box amp though (power supply in a separate similar sized box), so stretching what could be considered an “integrated” amplifier. There were also a couple of excellent matching tuners based on Magnum Dynalab parts. And then the Nexus range appeared with pre and power amps, active options, even a rather nice little speaker. It was all excellent performing kit (OK, the Obelisk 1 was the weakest by far, but also the cheapest) and well worth seeking out if you like the small shoe-box form factor.

Here’s a page from their brochure from around 1989;

3 Likes

Ah, the days when a manufacturer could title a catalogue paragraph “The FM Tuners”. Plural!

@frenchrooster. This is one I bought for £21 from the auction site.

It’s a cast iron reproduction of the original Rogers Foundry version. It’s reasonable quality, although I accept that the purists might turn up their noses at it.

For anyone interested in the gear:
Above: Stageline, Allo USBridgeSig/DigiOneSig & nDAC
Lingo, behind Nipper are NAPSC2 (for the 82) & Allo Shanti PSU
Below: NAT05
Under: CDX

3 Likes

did you ask the dog what pronouns the dog prefers?

Of course I should have said it’s mistress’s voice…

I ordered one also, will show . :+1:
It looks good in your rack.

Hmm… Perhaps I need a low maintenance Dog, like this…?

:laughing:

1 Like

Dog now paid for… :grinning:

1 Like

I opened a gate apparently :grin:. Who is next?

2 Likes