No bass and small soundstage in listening spot

If they were out of phase, they wouldn’t sound ok further back by the wall surely.

Great idea bruss, makes perfect sense. This will also prevent 1st reflection from left channel causing time smear and muddling of the sound stage :+1:t3: ATB Peter

It seems the least upset to domestic harmony but it sounds as though it will need a little work to rewire.

Happy new year to you Peter.

If I ever get over to the UK I will try and come and have look at your system, oh, and your car.

…and meet my wife who is also a counsellor. You shall be most welcome and feel free to email me via Richard :+1:t3: Happy New Year to you too. All the best Peter

1 Like

I haven’t read other people’s responses, but it sounds like a classic case of cancellation. The only solutions are changing speaker and listening positions, and/or (possibly and more than or) room treatment. Whatever you do, don’t try to use DSP to boost the missing bass as that is pretty much guaranteed to destroy speakers

1 Like

I would second the idea of Sumiko Masterset if you’re struggling with positioning, all it costs is time, though something to aid moving the speakers helps. Herbie’s Gliders make it easy but there will be other options.

Big room maybe too big for your speakers.

A copy of REW (free software) and a measuring microphone such as the UMIK-1 as recommended by REW creators (around £120 new, 2/3rds of that secondhand - and easily sold on if no longer wanted) makes light work of speaker and listening position assessment, showing you visually within a few seconds what the sound is doing at each position you try. More accurate than listening, as well as quicker, though of course you must make a final assessment by ear to be sure you like it!

Just move the sofa back into the sweet spot simple.
Every home and system is a compromise just enjoy it while you can.
Some take it far too far. :flushed:
Eventually...

It is weird: did you consider to cover the tv and put the curtains in the two windows behind the sofa?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.