No sound from my Uniti Atom

Hi All,

I am the proud owner of a brand new Uniti Atom and I have having some connectivity issues with it and am hoping someone out there knows how to solve the problem. My speakers are Linn Katans.

I set up my Atom using WIFI and the Naim application on my iPad Pro. The first day it worked perfectly. Musical bliss.

Next day, I come it to play it and there is no sound coming from my speakers.

It seems like the streaming function is working properly. I can see the cover art on the Atom screen as well as on my iPad. I can see the song counting down as it plays. But no sound out of the Atom. I tried the Internet radio, Tidal, Spotify. I can see all of them playing but no sound. The atom is not on mute.

I reinstalled the software for the Atom. I restarted the router. I reset the network connections from the iPad.

I still can’t get a sound out of it.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix it?

Thank you.

Did you hit the mute button by accident?
Have you tried unplugging the Atom and let it sit for 5 mins and powering it up again ?

Thank you for your response.

The Atom was behaving exactly like it was on mute. So that was one of the first things I tried and it wasn’t on mute.

I rebooted the Atom several times and did a factory reset and reinstalled the software. I tried everything I could think of.

At one point I put my headphones on and could hear the music playing, so it made me think that it must be sending the signal somewhere else.

Ultimately I “fixed” it by turning of the setting that allows the Atom to work as a network server. And this worked. All of a sudden I had music again. But I am not sure what it is connecting to or why I can’t get it to work as a network server.

So I have an appointment today to talk with the Naim dealer, and hopefully we can figure it out. At least I can listen to music in the meantime.

Thanks again for chiming in.

Ok. So now for a weird update.

I went back in to listen to the system and the same thing happened again. I tried to play music from my Naim app on my IPad and the music appeared to be playing but no sound came out of my speakers. Once again, I plugged in the headphones and could hear the music. Then as soon as I unplugged the headphones the music played through the speakers, without any adjustment to the setting on the Atom itself or the Naim app.

I will follow up with the Naim dealer and see what he says.

1 Like

That sounds like a faulty unit to me. Neither of your ‘fixes’ are expected behaviour. Hopefully your dealer will be able to sort you out.

Sounds like the headphone socket is muting the speakers (like it does when you insert the headphone plug). In any event, something needs to be fixed.

I agree with you guys. Still waiting to hear what Naim wants to do with the unit, but the consensus of the people I’ve talked to is that it is a faulty unit. In the meantime I am able to listen to it using my “headphone fix” and it sounds great. I am confident that they will get it squared away.

Thanks for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.