No Sound

I tried reprogramming the button and I have sound now…I’ll look at it closer in the morning to understand what I did a bit better.

4 Likes

Thank you all for your help…having traded in the 272 the volume control on the 252 will take some getting used to

1 Like

Certainly will! I missed the fine control and large angle of adjustment from my 112x when I moved up.
252 sounded sublime in comparison though, so didn’t mind too much.

1 Like

Talking about volume controls, I am finding my new 282 rather interesting also.
At low level listening there is a noticeable volume imbalance between the left and right speakers. It clears once the sound it turned up a bit but it’s an annoying amount.
Anyone else experience this?

Plenty of threads on this…play-it loud or send it back, its the Alps pots, sound great but have this tendency.

Yes I have read about it before, it’s annoying as I didn’t have it on the Supernait2.
Much of my evening listening is a low volume due to kids in bed.

I claim the prize!

G

2 Likes

I’ve binned the speakers entirely, all my listening is now on headphones.
I’ve listened to more music in the last 3 months with Qobuz and headphones than in the last 3 years.

This thread just saved my life! I had DIN/XLR cables reversed.

I have been trying for four days to sort out why I’d lost sound. It began when I installed new Chord Music DIN/XLR cables between my 252 and 300DR. I didn’t realize they weren’t interchangeable and Naim’s backward left/right configuration catches me all the time.

I didn’t want to disturb my dealer on the weekend but I bet he’d have nailed the problem in 5 minutes.

BTW, the Music right out of the box sounds like it’s going to be worth the money. I have a Music DIN/DIN on order to connect my ND555 to the 252.

They replace Super Luminas.

Had the same problem a couple of years ago and also some link plug problem, but this Forum is great.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.