Non Naim Fantasy system

Another one manufacturer system (apart from speakers) I’d love to hear is a Brinkmann.

Balance turntable

With additional 12" tonearm

Koetsu Onix Platinum for the 9" arm
prpomo_0
And Koetsu Coral stone Platinum Mono with additional diamond diamonond cantilever
S_CORAL_PLATMONO__39961__01152009115828-5008
Brinkmann Edison Phono Stage

Brinkmann Nyquist Mk 2 streamer with Diy fitted Dac module

Brinkmann Marconi Line Stage

Brinkmann Mono amps

Finally Dynaudio Confidence 60 loud speakers.

1 Like

I’ve heard that system along with their flag ship turntable. I was expecting to hate it… I was actually pretty blown away. That turntable is so good it sounds like reel to reel tape. Perfect pitch, very involving Sound. I’ve toyed with the idea of replacing my LP 12 with the technics.

1 Like

I’ve actually heard a system quite close to this. Same speakers with slightly lesser Shindo amps and a VPI Scout from memory. Totally enchanting … Sense of air and space and presence…only spent half an hour or so with it but will never forget it.
Quick edit: I know the owner and he listens to a fair bit of stuff like My Dying Bride, Sir Richard Bishop, Om, all sorts.

1 Like

Me too Chris, I’m inbetween record players at the moment using a very cheap USB job but when I do have the finances to buy another decent one I have a shortlist of a Rega or a high spec 1210. I owned 1210’s for the best part of 20 years and would love to hear what either a modern or highly pimped one would sound like with Naim amps.

1 Like

SME Synergy with Koetsu Onix platinum

Sutherland Duo phono amp
promo_
Ayre Accoustics KXR 20

Ayre Accoustics VXR 20

PMC MB2 XBD SE

1 Like

I think my dream non-Naim system would be

Boulder 1110 preamp
Boulder 1160 Amp
Boulder 1108 Phono
Chord Dave DAC & Blu Mk2 Scaler
Linn Klimax DSM streamer
Linn Akurate LP12
Koetsu Onix Platinum cartridge
Ansuz DT-C cables and power distribution
Dynaudio Confidence 60s

4 Likes

Don’t know whether it would work as a system but some very nice kit.

Linn Klimax System (which is why I am never going to audition the 350As).

I’ve heard Boulder and Dynaudio before at a dealers and really loved that demo session.

Really like the looks of Merging Nadac. Makes me greedy even.

1 Like

https://images.app.goo.gl/7sQS11XvPv37tQoX7

They’re rather sweet!

Yes they are nice @Allante93, albeit on the large side, but anyway I don‘t have upgraditis any more:

2 Likes

Wish I’d been there.

I’d be careful, I understand that like Malaria you can get relapses :wink:

1 Like

I’ve heard the full dCS Vivaldi at my local dealers, into big Magicos (S7 I believe), powered by very healthy Spectral amps. Played their rip of the MFSL cd Crime of the Century. I still remember what I heard, and now use those first 2 tracks as a ‘listening test.’ It’s really etched into my brain. I wish I’d heard those tracks when the same dealer had the Statement/NDS demo a few years ago.

1 Like

for me the outside of the NAIM family - Vitus with internal DAC driving Avalon Speakers - Tidal hi fi - never heard it live but if it sounds anything like it looks

@Bart
That should have been something! Nice setup, really. Specially the combination of such a fine source withe the Magico speakers.

I’ll probably audition a pair of Magico S1 Mk2.

I’m quite curious to hear those speakers especially after all what has been written about them.

You may have seen that I took delivery of Magico A3’s about 6 weeks ago. I love them! S3 Mk2 would be a dream for me…as of course would M series!!! But to stick with Naim I would need to not go overboard, not to mention we’ll never own a home with a BIG room for them.

Yes, indeed. Lovely speakers! And I guess they sound darn good with your 252DR/300DR. Naim and Magico seem to be a nice pairing.

Me too, absiously! :grin: But the S3 are probably to big for my room (to bass heavy, which means to much interaction with room) The S1 Mk2 are fine speakers too and could fit my needs in terms of resolution/details. Slamming bass isn’t a priority, in fact it’s not my cup of tea :wink:

Of course if you are really rich and the leader of a certain Far Eastern dictatorship, you can afford the ultimate in fidelity.

If I was Kim Jong Un, I’d just have Grand Funk Railroad chained up in my basement and then make them perform live whenever the whim struck me.

1 Like