Noodling replacing my NAC N272 with NAC 252 & NDX2

Sometimes I feel we need a forum Category called “Colloquial translations”

Nope her Mum is from North Umberland…she maybe a KiWi transpant but all she ever pushed on this Southern boy was marmite…
I think we all have gotten off the rails from my intial discussion topic…gotta help stimulate the UK economy…so it looks like I will soon be ordering a NAC 252 and an NDX 2… thanks for the feedback…

1 Like

cool, do it.

the 272 is brilliant, so it’s waiting for the 555ps. the 252 with supercap fills all the gaps. 272 was always looking for the step up musically which the power supply probably brings. 252/ SC . so just the 300 to go…

Does anyone know but I have all my music on an external drive hooked up to my Apple laptop running Roon. Can I connect directly into a 272 and use Roon?

No, not really. You would need to use an analogue connection from the laptop, which is likely to sound pretty poor, or connect a USB DAC to it.
A better option might be to use a Sonore UPnP bridge, or maybe an LMS UPnP bridge, to get Roon streaming to the 272 over your network.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not familiar with the ‘272, or it’s system architecture but have 300 plus hours on my NDX2 run stand alone (no PS) and it just gets better and better! Also in context of your power amp The 252 is surely more capable as a pre, and NDX2 a superior streamer…! If you have the cash (an important consideration) take a home demo - it’s essential in my view to hear in your own listening environment :blush:

Bought as a secondary source (sorry Richard) the NDX2 has clearly shown it’s prowess and is not in the least bit “secondary” within my Audio Note system - far from it! In short it has been a revelation :blush::blush::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.