Nova - automatic warm up or bug?

Hi,

if you want to finally clarify, if this is feature/bug/quirk, best get into contact with Naim support. (Describing your situation as you have here.)

I think we‘ve collected what we know, but that won’t be the reference source of wisdom and collected knowledge they have.

(I personally think, it’s a bug/quirk, which prevents the system from going back to standby-power-supply after reconnecting to WiFi. Options could be keeping the WiFi on during night, or putting the system into deep sleep during the night. You could try behavior with an Ethernet connection. … But that’s just collected ideas from this thread and depend on your usage/preference.)

1 Like

I hope Naim cares about customers and someone from the support should be reading the forum. Especially threads with the word “bug” in the title.

The Naim support is more advised in these cases, as the dealer himself.

Actually, they don’t. Any technical issues are to be discussed with the dealers or with Naim support via the official support hotlines/email addresses.

(There’s occasional support e.g. from Claire, especially around releases of new software/products; but also there the request is to open tickets for anything non-trivial, e.g. not fixed by a simple restart of the app/system.)

The support team is busy answering calls and emails from dealers and customers; they do not typically monitor the Forum.

Both @Richard.Dane and I loop them in on cases where people have raised a support ticket and we feel they need urgent help - we’re the triage team :slight_smile:

A reminder of the Support team details:

support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hours of service are Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm GMT/BST

@anon32872693 I was talking to the software team just now about something else, and brought this one up.

They have confirmed it will be to do with your router re-starting.

When the Nova is in standby state, it’s just using its much smaller, switch-mode power supply, which uses very little power.

But a major change to the network will see the main, linear transformer kick in, to accommodate the reconnection to the network - effectively, to ensure the Nova is ready to play as soon as possible after any interuption.

The software team are looking at ways to then get the Nova to step back down to the switched-mode power supply if no activity is registered.

2 Likes

Thank you Clare :). In that case, we are waiting and maybe the problem will disappear soon :).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.