Nova skipping tracks

I’ve not listened to the system much in recent days, but have just tried a few albums from qobuz and tidal and noticed track skipping with both, for example an album just did track 1>4>12. Another I played fine last week did a similar thing and now if I select say rack 6 it then jumps to track 1.

Same behaviour on current release and beta.

Will test on usb drive next, then full power down plus/minus factory reset.

Anyone else?

Right something up.

Carol Kidd on USB stick.

Track 1 ended and skipped to track 5.

Tried next track and it jumped to track 11.

Not a streaming/network issue therefore.

:man_facepalming:t2:

How embarrassing seems I’d inadvertently enabled shuffle play which normally I’d rarely use.

Anyone else think the app GUI could benefit from a tweak?

The shuffle play icon when activated is not clearly indicative as it’s the same brightness as the prev play/pause next icons centrally. Even off shuffle and repeat icons are only marginally dimmer.

@Will - have you considered an option for having these icons in different colours when active (maybe as a user selectable option?)

2 Likes

Yup done that myself when I first had my streamer - glad you’re sorted.

I’ve just spend the last couple of hours swapping my Strat’s pick guard and pickups. Put it all back, and there was a horrible buzzing, and was thinking I’d have to take it all apart. Then I turned off the LED Light switch, and buzz went - phew!

1 Like

Yes because this keeps happening to people and many people have said so both in the public forum and in the beta, and IIRC it was noted by Will

It’s a bit like ‘butt dialling’ or on iOS inadvertently entering the screen editing mode where you can rearrange icons or delete apps - far too easy to do.

Simplest would just be to have these icons in green when enabled - a user selectable colour option would cover all bases as those who did not want coloured icons could just choose white.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.