Nova speakers pairing

I prefer floorstanding and stay with Nova for some time

1 Like

Well my 505s certainly groove but that is with a 250. I had S20s before they did the same but not as much resolution or panache.

1 Like

Hi,

Kudos are really well regarded here and should be so, maybe I’m wrong but after listening intensively to s10s and 30s never got hooked to them other than admiring the resolving and sweet tweeter in the former and disliking the latter.
To me they look like academic speakers giving a nod to hiend products without having a seamless integration throughout the entire band.
I would have adviced you to consider a Proac d2 but you did and found the 20s not suitable for your room.

Probably you are right, today I connected my old Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus to Nova

• nice warm midrange, better speaker integration and more dynamic bass
  • worse narrow sounstage, less details

Maybe some Sonus Faber Olympica 2 will offer what I need?

I found Dynaudio speakers worked well with my Nova. I used the Special 40s but am not sure if they are available now.

@Artistplant Do not really know but I wouldn’t be selling your nova to fully exploit your Kudos at this stage

I like Sonus Faber Olympica 2 design, what Sq I should expect in comparison with Kudos Super 20a?

The Olympica 2 , that I heard, need better electronics than Nova. 282/250dr is perfect for them.
The difference between both is the quality of the design, SF is really top notch.
Kudos can sound sometimes bright or aggressive, from what I could read here.
Sonus Faber are refined, sound soft and colourful. But need good electronics to awake.

interesting discussion. We have not yet identified an answer as to which floorstanding loudspeaker is a perfect match for the nova. I also have a bit issue with the nova and my t + a criterion 2100 and I did a nap250dr on it. tuesday i will hear a spendor a7 with nova and sn3. I’m really excited

Spendor A-series is close to the Dynaudio Contour you have in terms of sound signature, i think they work very well with the Nova.

We have Sonus Faber Sonetto floorstanders and love their voice with 272/250DR. With every upgrade (XPS, SL) the speakers have revealed more of the music.

We didn’t set out to end up where we are system wise having started with the SF on the end of a SuperUniti. With our next box upgrade the speakers might well be outclassed and Olympic Nova II will definitely be on the shortlist if we upgrade.

i plan to bring the dynaudio into the living room for a test and connect it to nova / nap250dr to hear the difference to the star

I am almost finished with my home demo of the sf 3"s on my nova + dr250 on my hunt for a replacement for my Focal K 2’s and if it were not for the size of them in my lounge I would be keeping them, have also had the s/f 2’s as a home demo and they will be replacing my Kanta’s shortly as I don’t think for the size and price point they can be improved on when pairing with the nova with or without a 250dr.

How would you compare Kudos S20 to Spendor D7.2?

The Kudos are more easy going and fluid, the D7.2 are more dynamic and precise. Both excellent speakers and mainly a matter of taste which one is preferred.

Does anyone have any experience of the Linn Majik 140 with the Nova? Got an opportunity on a second hand deal.

Good morning to all of you.
I can tell you about my experience with a system consisting of the Nova and a pair of Neat Ekstra speakers connected with NAC a5 cables of 3.50 meters each.
A listening experience different from the usual but with which I am satisfied overall.
Great performance on bass and treble extremes, dynamic, and fast, very relaxing to listen to.
However, I find that the system is not particularly suitable for listening to classical music, as the yield in the medium range and the transparency of the sound yield is not optimal.
Unlike what is often claimed in the various forums and in the few reviews read around, I like the scenic reconstruction and the presence of the instruments.
I await, when the wallet allows me to add a Nap 250 and the Naim hi End power cable or the future replacement of the current speakers with the Orkestra model.
Thank you all for your attention.

1 Like

I finally decided on Kanta 2 or Olympica II … I like a warmer timbre, I listen rather quietly, which should work better? Unfortunately, I have to buy it blind, at most I can sell.

The Kanta 2 appear to have a relatively high sensitivity so should (in theory) excite quite early on with very little volume on the dial, even from a low powered but high quality amplifier. The Nova will be fine for low level listening with the Kanta 2 speakers. I’ve been weighing these up myself of late, albeit for my NDX 2/SN3 quad box combo…

This is news Stephen after your n-SATS joy!