Nova-streamer not responding

Can I get some advice on how to force stop the Naim app please?

Kind Regards,
Tony

On iOS:

On Android it differs between devices, but essentially open the overview of running apps (e.g., swipe up from the bottom, but depends) and swipe the app up/left/right (depends) or tap the X button if those are shown.

Alternatively, go to the phone Settings > Apps, go to the app and tap the close (or force stop, depends) button there. (Works on both iOS and Android, one way or other)

For IOS itā€™s in my post immediately before yourā€™s!

1 Like

Ok so I installed the Naim app onto a new Samsung tablet yesterday with no other apps installed on it and played music for around 3 hours without any issues. Phew!!!

I shall test again tonight hopefully will be no issues again.

If the tablet continues to work with the app uninterrupted then Iā€™m guessing this is an issue with using Samsung mobiles with the Naim app.

There must be something on the phone thatā€™s blocking or hindering the naim app from functioning in some way.

Posting this incase anyone else has issues like this looking for a resolution.

Kind regards,
Tony

@tomvamos may have some idea

Hi @STREAMER,
A few months ago we had issues with BT Hubs not bridging between 2.4 and 5 GHz. This meant that if the app and product were not on the same band then they couldnā€™t see each other so the product didnā€™t appear in the Rooms screen.
This may not be the case but I would suggest you try disabling your 5GHz network to see if the room is more consistently found.
Click here for instructions

Hi Tomvamos,

Thanks for the guidance.

Iā€™ve checked this and now theyā€™re operating on the same band. Trying the Samsung phone it still throws up the same error messages but on the Samsung tablet Iā€™m now using has no issues at all.

Played music for 4 hours yesterday evening without any issues. It must be something on the Samsung mobiles we have thatā€™s causing the error codes.

Iā€™m happy atm as Iā€™m finally enjoying music again and boy does it sound good! The tablet is also great to use with naim streamers and the Naim app looks great through it.

Iā€™m sure at some point Iā€™ll get to the bottom of the mobile issue but for now I need some Eagles and a peroni.

Thanks again for the guidance though :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Tony

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.