Nova + Sub + NAP 250DR

I think it’s a bit of a myth that Naim are against passive biamping as such. They are against biwiring because it conpromises the performance of their amps, and they have traditionally favoured active biamping in that they produce a series of active crossovers.
Sure, if you want more power it probably makes more sense to buy a better power amp than a second one at the same level, but if you have an integrated and don’t want to climb up the upgrade ladder, just adding a second power amp to drive demanding speakers might make sense. Naim clearly believe so, otherwise they wouldn’t have put a dedicated biamp output on the Supernait.

2 Likes

If I’m trying a power amp of my SN2, what happens with power amp stage in the SN2, does it switch off? As I have a HiCAP powering the pre-amp in the SN2, does the SN2 still require the mains lead?

I’ll be trying a March power amp directly of the pre-out rather than bi-amping as the March amp has different gain, meaning the volume will be difficult to match with bi-amping.

The SN2 will still require a mains lead, although how exactly the various components are powered I wouldn’t know.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m just wondering as I currently have Powerlines on the HiCAP and SN2 and wondering if the one on the SN2 won’t be beneficial if running a separate power amp.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.