Novichok Police Officer Quits

… and drifting into forbidden territory :sunglasses:

Indeed…

Hi Simon,

My argument is it’s better to have Policing away from the influence or control of politics, in the same way as the Judiciary are… Hence get rid of PCC’s

Now I must run before Richard comes back into the room … I won’t say anything else !

1 Like

Indeed, but so no one misconstrues anything, our policing in the UK has operational independence, that is protected by legislation… so we are not veering into forbidden territory with respect to political partisanship.

My argument is that oversight of any authority is healthy in a democracy, and in part why we, the majority, so value and respect our police force in the UK perhaps compared to other parts of the world… and such a testament makes this case all the more sad… that it was allegedly the consequence of a foreign political power on Det Sgt Nick Bailey.

Before PCC we had police Authorities which consisted in part with elected local councillors, independent and appointed members… arguably less transparent or democratic, but it did provide oversight.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.