Now Naim surely……………

That would make sense, but I wonder then why the new logo wasn’t screen-printed onto the headshell.

(Not that this matters at all! I’m just curious about these odd little things.)

From memory I purchased the Tiger Paw lifter from Peter , he sent it to my dealer here in Sydney ( they know each other quite well ) to install

Met Peter on one of his trips out here , he gave a group of us a session on all things LP12 at my wonderful dealers store , great stuff

Okay, Bevo, I’m obviously misremembering (again!).

No worries graham55 I’m the same :weary::weary:

Getting old isn’t great - but it sure as hell beats the alternative!

If you look at the ARO 2 you’ll see that there’s a lot more beneath the actual arm wand itself, including a VTA adjustment system and the silver base, which doubtless adds a good deal of weight. Also, the arm top can’t be easily removed as on the original.

The arm tube and headshell both appear bulkier than the original - or is that just a trick of the light?

Also the arm tube has a black finish, compared with the original’s silver.

Does the new model still use the aluminium arrow shaft?

I really must try to see one of these beasts for myself - not that I would ever change my own.

Also, it’s fascinating to see the third hole in the headshell doing its allotted job. Mine has never seen use.

Unless I’m mistaken now carbon.

So it’s no longer really an ‘arrow’?

M. Lamotte will be officially highly unchuffed!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.