NP5 Prisma as a Chromecast and Airplay transport

There are not many UPnP, Roon, Chromecast and Airplay pure transports (without internals DACs) with SPDIF output, one of them is the Primare NP5 Prisma Network Player.

Any first-hand experiences with the NP5 as a Chromecast and Airplay transport? Thanks, nbpf

1 Like

FYI last I read, roon ready certification is still outstanding.

1 Like

That’s right, thanks! As from the title, I am mainly interested in the performance of the device as a Chromecast and Airplay transport. I already have a UPnP transport and I am not particularly interested in Roon.

I compared it with an Allo Digione Signature and Chromecast Audio. I was underwhelmed. Even the Chromecast wirh ifi ipower had a better sound.

1 Like

Not heard great things about this at all from users on Roons forum and their support isnt great. They are using either Chromecast or Airplay with it.

1 Like

@DeRoubaix, @CrystalGipsy: that’s very disappointing, the NP5 is the streamign platform used in Primare integrated amplifiers! Too bad … the device is very well specified!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.