Numerical Fixation

You added the letters “sp” to the word gold. “golspd”.

Yes, I found that following HH’s prompt - and as I indicated, it was an unnoticed typo introduced by my typing on iPhone - though I don’t understand precisely how it happens, as there is no way I can see that simply by fingers typing g o l d possibly straddling more than one ‘key’ could add s and p where they appeared: The other way round (golpsd) I could understand, as in p is partially adjacent to l, so could conceivably be hit in the same movement but momentarily after hitting l, and s is next to d so could easily be hit in the same movement but momentarily before hitting d.

I recommend that you to spend the rest of the day thinking through all possibilities to determine how that sp error manifested.

I don’t need to - I already know it is Apple trying to sabotage me: after all, I know they’re watching me… Time to play Black Sabbath’s first single I think :grinning:

1 Like

There is a little Count Dracula in each of us because it is so much easier to measure quantity than quality.

You can make these numerically significant dates work for you if you wish.

My wife and I went to a very nice and rather exceptionally pricy hotel/restaurant to mark our both arriving at the age of 65 a few weeks apart. We thought we might do it again when we got to 70, but that involved a long wait. So we decided to do it at 66 and two thirds, ie two thirds of the way to 100. The restaurant happily played along with this and we got a 66 and two thirds birthday card each from the celebrity chef. It was all good fun.

Best

David

1 Like

On my Idevices, I do it quite a lot. It’s when my fingers are slightly misplaced, I notice a mistyped letter, go to hit backspace and hit p instead of backspace, thus leaving me with *p added where I originally mistyped *.

Any excuse!! We are going to our friends 155th anniversary next month. They are both 60 this year and have been married 35 years. Ten years ago we went to their 125th and I very much hope that in ten years time we’ll all be that their 185th. It’s a lovely idea.

2 Likes

Definitely. Any excuse and playing with the numbers is a great idea. On that basis we could do our 186th in a couple of week’s time…

We went to our friends’ 100th birthday do recently.

It was on a beautiful campsite in Devon and we had a marquee with everybody dressed up in DJ’s/Tuxedos or evening gowns for dinner each night. Brian is a Butler and Claudia is a Chef, so first class meals and wines throughout the long weekend.

Brian and Claudia were each 42 and their daughter, Georgina 16.

1 Like

Now that’s the sort of numerical shenanigans this gog definitely approves of!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.