NVC-TT vs Superline

I asked my dealer “what are you doing with the Solstice phono stage that you took off me as trade in against S/L - S/C?” His reply was “nothing unless another one is faulty as we can only potentially use it as a replacement because it can’t be powered by the other Naim P/S’s”. Maybe you know different.

8 pin is not Naim’s standard. Nothing else (so far…), uses such an interface.

The DIN interfaces Naim uses are (AFAIK…) -

• 4 pin 72 deg - Pre amp outputs and Power amp inputs
  • 5 pin 180 deg - Pre amp signal inputs and outputs (Tape, etc)
  • 5 pin 240 deg - HiCap and similar PS inputs and outputs
1 Like

Even if a specific cable on order is realised ?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Ah, yes, my mistake. In looking into this more, it also looks like the NVC-TT gets +18v and -18v from the the NPX-TT while the other NAIM power supplies put out +24v. I had hoped that if/when NAIM begin selling the Solstice components individually, I could update my Stageline with one but it looks like I’ll have to go with a Linto!

Sacré bleu!!! Is this what we have to look forward to in the future???

1 Like

Naim have ‘previous’, in releasing new configurations, which were not obvious in their ultimate intent…

1 Like

The HDX?

1 Like

No, the HiCap. When it first appeared, it had a 5 pin 240 deg socket - which did … nothing. Because the 32-5 and 42-5 had not yet come out…

2 Likes

NVC-TT is quite good and not merely something thrown in to make the package complete. As it beds-in it only gets better. I bounce back and forth between my 2 phono preamps and there’s lots to admire. You can hear the DR tech at work, it has great detail and PRAT. I would not feel short-changed if the NVC-TT was my only phono preamp.

1 Like

Are you still preferring the NVC-TT over the SL/SC-DR

I would say there’s real synergy between the Equinox and NVC-TT. The sound is intoxicating and very involving. Oh, I am using the supplied lavender interconnect which I’m preferring over my Chord Music IC (which normally lives on my ND555) Has hell froze over? :rofl:

-Back to spinning records.

4 Likes

Agree 100%
The NVC-TT sound better (imho) compare to my SL, with the Equinox
I’ve already reported this a long time ago…

2 Likes

With a supercap?

No, with the 552PS

:see_no_evil:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.