Oh Dear,given myself a job

Not AIFF but yes to wav v flac. I used db poweramp, transferred files to my usb drive that is plugged in to the router. Wifi from there to the Auralic Aries. I can not hear a difference between the flac and wav whether played native or resampled. I can still hear a difference with the Amazon streamed file on the Bob Seger, definitely a more open sound.
It isn’t any kind of a major difference, and it is not a problem, more an unexpected benefit of Amazon HD streaming.

I have now, after a few weeks of having the Sirius in the Auralic path, decided to run permanently with DSD 256 resampling enabled. I find no downsides and the sound quality seems to me to be all I expect from a well set up system. it has all the separation, sound stage positioning in three dimensions, and clarity from the deepest bass to the toppy est treble. Unlike the Chord Qutest, which is a fine piece of kit, I haven’t had to dial back the top end with a filter. I’m running in precise mode on the Aries before running the source file through the Sirius and Vega.

I am glad you tried it out. The effect is more pronounced with high-rez files.

I will check out the Amazon HD but I do not believe that it is yet an option on my ND 555. So, the comparisons will be skewed a bit for me.

I will see if I can add the Amazon HD stream to my product to try.

1 Like

I am not sure how you will be able to use the Amazon hires files with the Naim. I could not see a way to do that and decided to go with the Auralic system for the streaming source.

I hear you. I have a lot of ripped CDs and purchased high-rez music that the streaming was definitely a far second on my list. For my product it is also a ‘nice to have’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.