Older 252 and supercap

Looking for a 252 and supercap dr, found a 2008 super cap, dr’d in 2012 and refurbed by naim approved dealer 2020, with a 252 which is 2010 also refurbed 2020… would this pair sound any different than a more up to date 252 & s’cap? If so what would the difference(S) in aw be? Thank you

Hardly noticeable I’d have said if anything at all.

3 Likes

That does not ring true - unless its Class A…? They are the only Naim approved service agents, in the UK, as far as I know…

1 Like

The seller is in southern ireland, would they have approved dealers outside uk?

Ask who is the dealer and what did they do?

3 Likes

I would also ask to see the paperwork that the dealer gave the owner detailing what was done, when, and at what cost.

2 Likes

The only certainty here, is the DR’ing in 2012… But, as @JimDog says - I would want to see the paperwork on that, too.

If it seems too good, it probably is…

1 Like

in my system I have a serviced Supercap (Non DR) which was built in 2010 and serviced before I purchased it in March 2019, then purchased a new 252 in April 2019

they are very happy together and I hope they will be for some time, I love the music they control as pre - my main source is Kilmax LP12 and NDX (2014)

1 Like

If you can confirm the 252/SCDR were serviced in 2020, you you be in great shape.

1 Like

Thanks all, seller is getting paperwork from the dealer that reconditioned them

@JonnySidemouth I thought from profile you already have 252/SCDR.

Are you building a second system to similar spec?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.