Olive SNAXO and Kudos?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if the olive SNAXOs could be officially serviced/modified to support Kudos speakers.

Thanks

I doubt it. The 242 and 362 Snaxos used for current Kudos speakers are quite different to the Olive 2-4 and 3-6 Snaxos. Best to check with the factory though.

One for @Richard.Dane to advise on… :thinking:

I thought the actual filter frequencies were much the same, on all (S)NAXO versions…?

These didn’t make production, AFAIK, so on that basis I would not assume that Naim can modify an existing SNAXO to suit.

If in doubt, ask Naim directly.

Not sure I follow. There are current SNAXOs for Kudos speakers; naturally olive ones tailored to them wouldn’t exist due to preceding the speakers, but this is at most a crossover point/slope change, hence my question.

That said, I can also understand why Naim would rather sell a new one.

Are there? I know there was some work done and some prototypes (I even got to hear one such) but didn’t think they ever made official production.

@Richard.Dane As Naim decided to shelve this, are we allowed to mention alternatives?

1 Like

You can mention alternative brands making their own active crossovers.

Obviously any discussion of modifying existing Naim active crossovers, or of companies that undertake modifications to Naim equipment, would be a breach of forum rules.

Ok, thanks Richard.

I’ve heard very good reports about the Exposure xover for Kudos speakers. I presume it would accommodate Naim amps.

1 Like

My dealer tells me it’s an item I can order. Would probably be good for someone from Naim to confirm.

Probably best for Naim to confirm then.

Dave - The VXN certainly looks an interesting option. It might be worth giving Peter @Cymbiosis a call as he’s now stocking Exposure and he does like an active setup…

3 Likes

In a word: no

362 and 242 SNAXO for Kudos are available to special order currently for retailers in the UK but I can’t confirm anything for overseas markets.

KR,

Peter

2 Likes

I most certainly do!

4 Likes

As Peter has posted above, I have had confirmation from the factory that the Kudos SNAXO variant is available to order in the UK. Note that existing non-Kudos variant SNAXOs cannot be modified to the Kudos variant.

Yep - I’ve since ordered mine. :slight_smile:

Richard.
Sorry, just to clarify, the new Kudos friendly Naim SNAXOs would be compatible with the older Naim amps (Olive series or even Chrome bumper)?

I can’t see why they wouldn’t be.

1 Like

My intent is to use mine with my Olive system.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm! Interesting.

You’ve got the cogs turning now. No immediate plans for further change but it’s nice to weigh up possible future options…Kudos T505s or T606s (passive for a while), then add a 2nd NAP250 and new SNAXO?
:thinking: