Olive xps vs 555ps vs 555ps dr cds2

But is it going through multiple fuses ? On the wall?

Seems not…

I still would not do it for performance reasons

My wife inadvertently plugged my nap 200 through a 3 way plug and with a lamp

I heard the drop in performance right away when I came home and listened to my usual playlist and was puzzled for a few hours until I spotted it.

There is something incredible at the higher olive area and SBLs that just sings and swings, I’ve no plans to go any wear at the moment. All serviced and up to date.

2 Likes

No it’s not, we don’t have fuses in our plugs. Has one fuse on the mains end only. It’s about as clean or raw as you can get. Remember it not the UK so try not to think like it is.

fair enough…

Here is a pic of the tapon. See rather different than the UK. No ring mains here either. You could almost say its hard wired.

Is the connecting material brass ?

Yes, those who keep on recommending dedicated mains forget that only the UK uses ring mains. A NZ power socket will have a fully juiced radial circuit that is less prone to electromagnetic interference in the first place.

In my experience the real benefit of dedicated mains comes when you run it from a separate consumer unit, and keep the wiring, including earth, away from the main CU to maximise isolation. Naim also recommend using an over-specced 10mm, or at least 6mm cable and a 32 or 50 amp breaker. So there may still be some benefit over a standard spec radial circuit.

1 Like

Our standard plug wiring is 2.4mm rated at 24A. I think it might be the the ring main returns to the supply box that affects the EI, as the radial circuit doesn’t link back to the supply box. But I’m no expert. I did speak with a NZ dealer with a dedicated mains and it had more EI than the rest of his house!

1 Like

I suppose a ring main might pick up more interference through being longer, but I found a radial from my main consumer unit to be of very little benefit compared to a separate one I later replaced it with.

1 Like

We could have a separate phase but that brings a separate bill and you do not want 2 of them every month in this country,
Other than that. Afaik my wall socket is directly wired to its own breaker, (I have a 32 amp one) The main earth for the whole house has been connected to over sized bus bar which is connected to the oversized earth wire that snakes off to the copper earth stake. The noise floor dropped dramatically things cleaned up and became holographic, Every now and then I get a little hum from the xps but very little to the point it’s no bother.
This is an older house build so the regulations Have changed since. All my Eletrical worked was carried out by a qualified electrician.

I thinks so. They tap into each other. Give them a clean up once and a while. Crazy as it sounds they sound pretty good. Our local importer uses them on the end of powerlines with great success. A great story be hide it, they beat out much more expensive options apparently. Don’t ask me what happens to the UK heads, they may be shipped without them possibly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.