On-wall speakers

Hi Roger,

Ours was very much a “I’d like to play Kate Rusby while cooking your dinner, DEAR!”

So we got a Denon micro system, with the Q Acoustics speakers with some sort of Chord speaker cable. Mounted up close to the ceiling, but It sounds OK. CD, tuner and RPi-based streamer.
Does it stand up against our big systems (active SBLs & Aktiv Briks)? No, of course not, but it certainly does the job while cooking curry!

Worth also looking for AV/custom install/Home Cinema type companies that carry the known brands, they usually have decent demo rooms with the sort of stuff you’re after.

Because they are really, like the PMCs an in-wall speaker. If you are looking for elegant on-wall, the Dali or Audiovector are the way to go.

I planned on on-wall for 2 years leading up to final home build plans but it became apparent that either way, you have holes in the wall. One might be massive but in both scenarios, changing speakers means a new wall panel, paint or wallpaper. So might as well go in wall.

The ATC HTS40 is less of a brute fitted flush with your wall I assure you.

1 Like

Given the right aspect - big enough wall. Seated listening position that’s in the zone. Good distance between sidewalls. Solid construction. Not a wall that’s between you and a neighbour - those ATC HTS40 on wall speakers would be awesome.

1 Like

It will be a non-party double skinned brick wall. No neighbours to disturb. Trouble is I guess I’m then into ‘is a NAP200 enough for ATCs’…

Can of worms.

Managed to get ‘eyes on’ a pair of PMC Ci65s with the on-wall mounting frame. Look quite ‘pro’ without grills but actually, given their reasonable size, quite discrete when white grill cover fitted.

Just need to have a listen now. Ideally don’t want the added complication of a subwoofer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.