One of my Best upgrades

My most recent purchase…my new listening chair upgrade…

The only problem is getting to the end of an album without falling asleep :grin:

44 Likes

Nice Vitra lounge chair! :+1:
We ordered a new chair today as well.
A comfortable chair is always smart update to make.

1 Like

Thomas…

You will not be disappointed…

1 Like

Unfortunately it won’t be a Vitra chair.
I’d love to have one of those.
But we rather chose a humble StressLess.
Like the one below.
Delivery in March.

5 Likes

Looks like a very comfortable chair…enjoy

1 Like

Thanks. It should fit with the room.
I posted some pictures here:
–> Don’t buy new speakers – The listening room reality

Very very nice, you have done a great job with the room…trying to get the balance right between the acoustics and not having an overly clinical appearance is extremely difficult…superb

1 Like

My usual listening chair had broken springs so it was a question of dump or re-uphoster which is the route I took. i used another chair in the mean time which put my ears in line with the tweeter of my B & W 802 D3. Things sounder better I can say. Not the really best upgrade I have ever had but worth it.
The origional chair is now back and roughly at the same hight.
Small things can make a difference.

1 Like

That’s really funny and a coincidence too. I was just considering purchasing that lounge chair for myself. I think I am going to go with this instead. Less chance of dozing off maybe? :grinning:

2 Likes

‘Ears in line with the tweeters’ … and being extremely comfortable in your sitting position…is just about perfection …

I would call it an Eames chair. I think I’m right about this – Vitra was licensed to make it, but the design is Eames.

I ‘auditioned’ one but opted for Stressless. I find the Stressless more friendly to my body; and easier to get out of once in it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s the Eames Lounge 670 plus ottoman, designed mid 50’s and made by Herman Miller in the US and later by Vitra for the European market. An absolute icon and one I’d love to own.

3 Likes

I purchased the chair without being able to try it first… I went purely on the iconic design … a design that was years ahead of its time…

I am pleased to say i love it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Me too. A classic.

Currently 25% off at a well known London furniture shop.

1 Like

Definitely the best upgrade, I always sit on my sofa so the soundstage always get suppressed when my head is on the headrest. Need to lean forward few inch to retain the soundstage.

1 Like

Very nice. I’ve had my Eames Chair (black leather, cherry) for 20+ years, but it’s not in my listening room.

1 Like

A better armchair will be my final upgrade as I’m seriously done with my system. I’m currently using an Ikea PS 2017 armchair which is a far cry from your very nice and comfortable Eames chair.

1 Like

Previously all my hard earned cash went on the system… I have now redressed the balance…
just waiting for the new Eames chair to burn in…:grin:

4 Likes

Quick update… the chair is breaking in nicely :grin:

2 Likes