One week in and already thinking ahead…

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

C’est vrai, c’est vrai mon ami.

1 Like

Perhaps the point some of us are making is to be happy with the system that you have rather than endless upgrades. Posters are being honest!

The OP said there’s no reason to believe that he will ever need to upgrade! Perhaps this is the reason why everyone isn’t try to spend his money.

Enjoy the music is what it’s all about!

2 Likes

The best advice for the OP is maybe to go to a Naim dealer and have them demo some upgrade options and also demo the delights of streaming. Then select what potentially could satisfy the OP’s needs (wants?) and borrow selected kit for a home demo.

There is of course no rush and the OP can enjoy his system while he ponders the way forward.

Follow this and it is much more difficult to make a mistake/waste money, and ‘do nothing’ is a perfectly reasonable outcome, having scratched that itch.

Here’s a weird thought. The OP might actually enjoy his music more if he goes up the Naim ladder!

Well I share the OP’s enthusiasm for his new system and his curiosity for the journey ahead. Be it with or without additions. I have thoroughly enjoyed my probably rash changes. And the researching, reading and listening has been stimulating.

And now i am happy to tinker. I have no desire to consider a 500 system. The sounds I am hearing are a delight and elicit a somewhat emotional response.

And I wouldnt change a thing in the way I arrived here.
Well maybe the Sopra episode, but thats another story.

I have indeed lost a bit here and there on trade ins, sales, etc. But not too bad, and seeking out ex demos, or excellent deals has mitigated that.

And there is no way I would have had the courage to walk in and purchase 50k of equipment on day one.
Fill your boots QuickSticks. Or not of course. Whatever makes you excited and enthused.

En effet👍🏼

1 Like

I was a bit joking Dan. You are right of course.

1 Like

Hey guys, don’t sweat it.
The banter has been most enjoyable and the only person who gets to spend my money for me has been married to me for 35 years and she’s a pro at it​:rofl::rofl:
Definitely will be considering a wider source selection soon, but as everyone keeps telling me to, I AM ENJOYING the Music😁

7 Likes

Très bien Monsieur Frenchrooster. Pas de problème :rofl:

2 Likes

Surely le coq français :grinning:

1 Like

… doing a Polka.

3 Likes

Exactly :+1:

As in the french football national team shirt

2 Likes

Surely a ban or at least a stern word from Richard for posting that FR

Why ?

1 Like

English football humour. Ignore me.

I was not sure but thought it was something like that. Sorry , I missed your joke.

1 Like

If you can try and loan some high end power cables and if you’re using a power bar try a high end one of those. You’ll be surprised at the result.

A dedicated spur will give a large uplift on the kit you have already

:+1:

The 202/200 is a fine amp add to it a Napsc and Hicap and you are much closer to a 282/200 then many would have you believe I went from 202/200 to 282/200 and didn’t have the slack jawed moment of wonder that many describe like most Naim upgrades it was incremental.

I skipped the 250DR at first because after the 250-2 a 300 non DR came up and so I went that route first I tried the 250DR later and it was the best of all the 250’s I had including bolt down, CB, Olive and 250-2.

I went through a lot of Naim equipment in just a few years and my advice is to live with and enjoy what you have it’s a fantastic combination .

Another side to my Naim ownership is that the Naim amp that finally got a proper hold of my Dynaudio Contour 3.4’s was the Supernait 2.

1 Like

So how come you no longer use that Naim kit and have apparently downgraded to some lower down the range Naim electronics (Supernait 2/Unitiqute 2)

What if you were to add HCDR or even SC to the 282 (NAPSC already included)