Ordering wait time

For those living further up North, Acoustica in Chester has also quite a bit of gear stocked.

1 Like

I could not disagree with you more!

Having a positive relationship with a dealer on what is really a luxury product is part of the experience. I am easily into my 4th decade with mine and they remain a joy to deal with. An example, having ordered an NDX2 in February he lent me his dem unit as delivery delays became ongoing.

I never underestimate the support and advice of a good dealer!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fine but my dealer doesnā€™t know what a supercap is or does. I canā€™t demo anything because they donā€™t stock/display anything. Iā€™d prefer buying direct from Naim without the significant markup. Maybe Iā€™ll become a Naim dealer.

I assume you are not U.K. based Katzky? That would make sense.

When Linn and Naim were new players in hifi they insisted that dealers set up systems to the complete satisfaction of their customers. Dealer markup includes impeccable service including demonstrations and home installs. Worth every penny in my view. I would not like to be in your situation.

3 Likes

Agree with Katzky ā€¦ this is not unusual, also I have seen dealers simply shipping the box without the whole part of setting up etc.

My dealer has never offered to set up. And I guess I have never asked. They did drop off a HCDR once.

Then I would ask! Unless you specifically like doing it yourself and are competent to do so.

Currently awaiting a call from my dealer for 282/250DR/HC. He said 6 to 8 weeks. Into the fourth week now. He will also come and install it (I did not even ask; he offered straightaway and threw in NACA 5 cables for nothing). Also there is a Rega P8 with the order so he will set this up also. Super-excited and counting the days.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a mighty new system in one go, enjoy!
(You did think of a phono stage? :wink: )

1 Like

It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get my dream system and probably the end of upraditus. Also buying the Rega MC phono stage and a Quadraspire SVT stand to sit everything on. Like I said, I will never get this chance again.

3 Likes

Fabulous, I did something very similar last autumn (but with P10, NDX2/555DR, 252, 300, rack all in one go and the SL soon after) and am loving it every single day. And oddly it really seems to have improved over 6 months. Itā€™s a wow moment every time I turn on the music and I am sure it will be the same for you, you have a wonderful system. Congrats.

1 Like

Wow! That is quite the investment. Enjoy!

Indeed ā€” thatā€™s quite a big jump in one go. I hope he still has both kidneysā€¦ :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I still have all of my vital organs! Actually, my mum passed away one year ago today so this is investment is as a result of the generous legacy she left us four children. I will certainly think of her every time I play a record/CD.

16 Likes

hi everybody, first post here!

ordered NAIM Nova by end of may at my local dealer in vienna/AT, and still trying to hold my feet tight after 12 weeks waiting time nowā€¦ I know many companies are struggling atm due chip shortage, but did anybody from you guys recently received their units? (and when did you place your order?)

just trying to find out how many more weeks it will take (approx.)
unfortunately I couldnt get any shipping date info from my dealerā€¦

very hard to wait with no amp at home :grimacing:
but yeah, first world problems I guess :upside_down_face:

thanks yā€™all!

Welcome to the forum trheshold.

Naimā€™s last comms on lead times back at the end of July indicated 12+ weeks for the Nova.

Iā€™ll message you.

hi Richard, thank you! doesnt sound that good, but Im looking forward for some update - cant wait to finally join the club! thanks meanwhile!

1 Like

Hi I got my 555ps after 7 weeks I live in ireland so I done well for waiting. Itā€™s covid that pushed everything backā€¦ Still worth the wait.

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if you mistyped your forum name when setting it up?

1 Like

Ordered my Nova 29-30 weeks ago and still waiting. Richard kindly emailed Customer services, 3 weeks ago, but Iā€™ve not had any contact from Naim/Dealer since then. Iā€™m tempted to just say screw it, Iā€™ll go and do something else with my money.

2 Likes