Original Naim Nait 5 (MK1)

Thank you for this suggestion.

I will look into PMC. I got caught up reading about Power and Ohms but have been learning to not focus on specs. I will let my ears guide me instead. Thanks.

Thanks…I have an Ortofon Concorde Mix DJ Cartridge and an Audio Technica Cartridge AT-VM95ML Dual MM Phono Cartridge.

I was thinking Rega RS3s…mine have seen me forward from an entry 42.5/90 gateway all the way to my 32.5/HC/160…

I am not a fan of the Rega RX series…totally different animal.

2 Likes

I’ve heard a pair of Emits (can’t remember if they were M10s or M20s) making great music with an Atom in a small room. I think the M10s would fit your requirements nicely, provided you can give them just a little space behind. I wouldn’t worry about them being 6 ohms, but if you can try them at home first, that would be ideal.

Roger

1 Like

Another vote for Rega Jura speakers. They are a bass reflex floor stander with 89dB sensitivity so a lot of bass for the money with smooth treble via the soft dome tweeter. Great value. I ran them with the Nait 5, flat cap and cd5 for eight years and it was a great well balanced system.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been looking at Dynaudio and I’m finding myself leaning in that direction.

Okay I will look into this too. Thank you for the recommendation.

1 Like

Emit M10s are perfect with my 5si.

1 Like

I should have said, my Audience 50’s are over 20 years old.
I have not heard the Emit 10, but I would expect them to work well. Naim and Dynaudio are a great match.

1 Like

Thank you. I will most likely give these a try and buy them if I like them.

Thank you…I will probably go with the Emits and see if they are a good fit. I hear good things about them

1 Like

I can recommend Proac Tablette 10. Just got a pair for my 72/140 system, satisfied so far.

1 Like

I have a pair of Dynaudio Audience 52’s on my SuperNait 1, and just love how they sound so would encourage you to explore the Dynaudio family as an option.

2 Likes

Update: So I went with the Emit 10 (from Dynaudio) and wow. I’m super pleased. It may have exposed my stageline pre amp’s weaknesses (lol). The sound is wonderful and they dont take up much space (which is what I needed). It is fun to listen to music on these little speakers.

This is an awesome and supportive community. Hopeful anyone who buys an older Naim amp can use this for some ideas. Thanks to all.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.